State RMNCH+A Consultant
Organization: International Development Agency (IDA)
Apply By: 24 Feb 2020
1. Position(S) Vacant: State RMNCH+A Consultant, International Development Agency, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
2. Organization Background:
Our client is a respected, International Development Agency (IDA), that works across the globe to promote children's survival, protection and development.
Odisha state with high Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR 168/100,000 live births); one of the highest Newborn Mortality Rate (32/1,000 live births-SRS 2016) in the country; and high Infant Mortality Rates (44/1,000 live births-SRS 2016) in the country, needs to continue strengthening of the health system for universal coverage of quality RMNCH+A services in the state. The state has its own strategy for accelerated reduction of IMR and MMR by 2020 has taken some important system strengthening measures like, operationalization of a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Child health & Nutrition; a Regional Resource Centre (RRC) for Child Health at SLNMCH Koraput and mentoring of LaQshya and Facility Based Newborn Care (FBNC) through mentors from medical college hospitals.
Last year NITI Aayog also introduced the Aspirational Districts approach, for transforming Health & Development in 117 districts with poor development indicators in the country which include 10 districts in the state of Odisha. IDA has been assigned 4 districts to support as development partner. This support will be provided through the institutional approach in partnership with client supported Regional Resource Centre (RRC) at Koraput and Balangir Medical College with AIIMS Bhubaneswar, IIPH Bhubaneswar and RMRC Bhubaneswar as knowledge partners. For guiding policy, planning, and program monitoring the state government has initiated strengthening of the State Bureau of Health Intelligence & Vital Statistics. The client BSO has the opportunity to support in the roadmap and strengthen use of data for action for achieving the flagship results of Newborn Mortality Reduction & Immunization improvement, especially in the tribal areas in the state. Realizing this opportunity, the client BSO introduced new partners to the state e.g., the National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) of ICMR; Malaria-No-More ® (MNM); and ASCI, Hyderabad; and AIIMS-New Delhi. The proposed position with provide the high level technical support to the National Health Mission (NHM) Odisha for coordination of health system strengthening activities for RMNCH+A activity under SAMMpuRNA strategy and Aspirational Districts Program aligned to the state priority and spelled in the 2020 Annual Workplan Agreement with the state.
3. Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader SHSRC, Odisha, the State RMNCH+A Consultant shall be providing technical and managerial support for implementation of health system strengthening RMNCH+A strategy, including management of RRC, Koraput, establishing RRC Bolangir partnership aspirational districts program aligned to the state priority and spelled in the 2020 IDA Annual Work Plan Agreement with the state.
- Establishment of RRC at Bolangir Medical college for Aspirational districts program;
- Facilitating improved WASH in Health facilities in coordination with RRCs at SLNMCH Koraput and at Bhim Bhoi Medical College Bolangir;
- Support roll out of IAPPD components in coordination with ICMR-RMRC and other partners in Aspirational Districts;
- Support implementation of Maternal Health quality improvement initiatives in coordination with CoE for Maternal Health, SMCS Cell, Directorate of Nursing, RRCs, Other partners etc.;
- Facilitate preparation of roadmap for State Bureau of Health Intelligence & Vital Statistics (SBHIVS) in partnership with identified partner;
- Supporting the state in preparation of the Aspirational District Dashboard and data analysis;
- Coordinate activities for Malaria prevention and Adolescent health;
- Prepare human interest stories/ advocacy documents for system strengthening and aspirational district programs
4. Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
Applicant must have an MBBS/ Post-graduation in Community medicine/ Postgraduate in Health Management/ Public health/ Postgraduate in Social sciences with knowledge and expertise in data analysis
(1) Minimum three to five years’ experience of working in public health programmes;
(2) Experience of working with the Government / Bilateral agencies in MCH programmes;
(3) Experience in project planning, project implementation, coordination, policy advocacy and training
Skills and Competencies:
- Project conceptualization, data analysis and documentation skills;
- Should be self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and creative with good analytical skills;
- Candidates with excellent presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities will be given preference;
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management programme and commonly used packages like MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Web Browsers, Internet Explorer etc. is mandatory;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are mandatory - working knowledge of Oriya / Hindi are desirable;
- Age should not be more than 50 years, could be relaxed for exceptionally good candidate;
- Should be willing to travel 6-8 days in a month
5. Estimated Travel: Approximately 12 days in a month for the achievement of the listed deliverables.
6. Nature of Engagement:
The SRC shall be hired on a consultancy contract through Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a respected HR Agency.
Remuneration payable to the selected candidate in the form of professional fees shall be attractive and in alignment with market norms.
Applicants are required to provide details of salary history, as well as expected remuneration for the position, in the online application form.
- The above elements shall be a key input into the selection and negotiation process;
- Candidates are expected to have their own laptops and be internet connected and these items shall not be provided.
8. Location: The Consultant shall be based at Bhubaneswar, Odisha
9. Duration: The successful candidate shall be issued a consultancy contract from the date of joining till December 31, 2020.
10. Reference: SRC-HLT-OD
11. Contact Information:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
12. Application Process:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/ida by or before February 24, 2020.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd