Apply By: 20 May 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Skills for Jobs program conceptualized by DFID is a radical endeavor at ecosystem strengthening by leveraging the core areas of expertise of public and private sectors, exchange of knowledge and best practices with a pioneering skills ecosystem in the UK. The first phase of the program has achieved significant progress in providing skill training and RPL, building capacity of select SSDMs, piloting digital initiatives, promoting industry collaboration and engagement, and knowledge exchange with UK partners for sector strengthening.
In order to harness the momentum from the government and industry in the SD sector in India, the second phase of the project will target institutionalization through reforms in policy, standards and quality assurance, enhanced role of the industry in conceptualization and delivery, capacity building of existing stakeholders and bodies, technology and innovation, knowledge dissemination and an increased emphasis on data driven decision making. These key focus areas will be aimed at providing long term sustainable change in the skills ecosystem in India.
‘Program Architecture’ has been designed to enhance uptake and demand for skilling as a result of innovative interventions of UK companies towards knowledge sharing on pedagogy, assessment systems, digital technology, focused interventions in apprenticeships, employer driven creation of standards and implementation as well as inputs for policy reforms for quality assurance, formalization of vocational courses, standardization of credits for vertical and horizontal mobility etc. Best practices on training and assessments in collaboration with UK Industry Sector Councils, standards, curriculum, content for “English”, “Soft Skills” and “Digital Literacy” and further case studies of NSQF and LMIS shall result in enhanced contributions to skilling through partnerships with UK businesses and institutions. Further creation of National Assessment and Certification framework and training of master trainers and assessors shall drive the demand for skill development. By establishing the economic value of the skilling program, the aspirational value for youth will be created which will drive uptake of the program from beneficiary’s end.
KPMG in partnership with Palladium and FICCI has been awarded by DFID to implement the programme and deliver the results linked to output, outcome and impact level. The position will be contracted by Palladium and project site office is in New Delhi. It is a full-time position.
- The TVET expert is expected to be present and provide inputs in all the stakeholder discussions with apex skill entities such as MSDE, DGET, SSDMs, NSDC, NCVET and SSCs etc.
- Align to the overall project outputs and shall be responsible for achievement of YoY training targets (Fresh skilling, RPL, ToTs, ToAs etc.)
- Identify sector gaps, emerging trends and contribute towards demand assessment cum skill gap studies in priority sectors
- Drive stakeholder consultation workshops with Training Partners, SSCs, Assessment agencies, SSDMs and any other relevant TVET stakeholder from UK and India
- Create relevant pitch packs/presentations for the above
- Involved in policy review and annual capacity development plan for the identified Sector Skill Councils
- Responsible for conducting RPL, fresh training,ToT pilots with UK partners in India
- Assist in development of state and industry selection framework and facilitate signing of flexi-MoUs with local and international players
- Direct involvement with the sector experts in mapping and preparation of occupation standards, QP-NOS development for priority sectors
- Identify, capture and implement UK best practices across skills value chain – training, assessments, certifications, placements and M&E
- Implement pilot projects for enabling placements and self-employment opportunities in informal sectors and identified priority geographies
- Involved in review of existing policies and guidelines on trainings, assessments, apprenticeship and CSR in Indian skilling ecosystem, benchmarked to UK best practices and implement changes
- Continuous feedback incorporation and learning from program implementation – document best practices and develop knowledge products in form of case studies and thought leadership reports (publish these case studies and TLs periodically on national and international platforms)
- Liaison with key govt. departments to create focused skill development initiatives
The scope of work for the position might revise during the programme course. The performance KPIs will be developed for the position.
Minimum education and experience required
- A relevant Master’s degree.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the field of Education and Training.
- Experience analysing and policy making orientations.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Experience in TVET, led various skills-based programmes.
- Adaptability including proven ability in project advocacy, leading change, and overcoming resistance and setbacks.
- Critical thinking, including proven ability to think creatively, conceptually and analytically, and in the use of evidence as a basis for sound decision making.
- People and relationships, including proven track record in influencing others, and an ability to collaborate with and develop personnel.
- Business acumen, including proven ability to communicate project strategy, focus on client needs and deliver stakeholder value.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Self-initiated, ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team.
Applications Close Date 20 May 2019
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd