Technical Advisor – Corporate Partnership
Organization: International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union)
Apply By: 05 Dec 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Technical Advisor- Corporate Partnership, International
Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), New Delhi
1. POSITION VACANT: Technical Advisor – Corporate Partnership, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) is an international scientific organisation headquartered in Paris, France. Established in 1920, The Union’s goal is to promote national autonomy within the framework of priorities of each country, by developing, implementing, and assessing anti-tuberculosis, lung health and non-communicable disease programmes, as well as other public health issues.
The Union has been working to improve health for people in low and middle-income countries, by conducting scientific research, and working with governments and other agencies, to translate research into better health for people around the world, and delivering projects directly in the field, driving change to ensure the best quality care.
Union South East Asia (USEA), one of the organization’s largest offices since 2009, has been managing the USAID supported the Challenge TB (CTB) project, together with National Tuberculosis Elimination Program (NTEP) and providing critical support for advocacy, private sector engagement, improving working conditions for TB patients, improving access to molecular diagnostics in the private sector and among children, apart from rolling-out new drugs and regimens.
The CTB project introduced digital solutions for training, treatment adherence, and learning management in the country and worked together with corporates, civil society organizations, research and academic institutions, media and celebrities and parliamentarians, to provide TB a national platform and garner the highest level of political commitment.
Project Axshya, a Global Fund Round 9 project also supported by USEA, extends the reach of India’s NTEP through advocacy, communication and social mobilization activities in 300 districts across 21 states. Other key projects of USEA include support to tobacco control efforts in India, Nepal and Bangladesh, through the Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use; Project LIGHT, which brought fluorescent LED microscopes to 200 Medical Colleges across India; and the Eli-Lilly supported project to expand sustainable TB control in India.
USEA also coordinates training to build capacity in the management of TB and MDR-TB, operational research, programme management and other skills.
For more information about International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), please visit https://theunion.org/
About The Project:
iDEFEAT TB - Institutional Strengthening to Accelerate Actions for TB and Drug Resistant TB in India is USAID’s flagship TB project in India. The project serves to strengthen TB-related institutions, focusing on programmatic and clinical management of patients with TB and DR-TB, thereby contributing to the achievement of India’s National Strategic Plan and targets set forth at the United Nations High-Level Meeting on TB. iDEFEAT TB is being implemented by a consortium led by The Union.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Corporate Partnership, the Technical Advisor – Corporate Partnership (TA-CP) shall be responsible for coordination and follow up with corporate partners, providing technical support in designing, and implementing project communication, monitoring, and documentation activities and providing monthly updates thereon.
The TA-CP shall also be responsible for providing technical information based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational research standards in TB control to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards. S/he shall stay updated about the latest development in strategies, standards, guidelines and program development for TB elimination. S/he will also be required to coordinate with corporates/ PSUs, business associations and government, at the district, state and central level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
A. Outreach and Mobilization of New Members
- Assist the Corporate Partnerships Team in developing ToRs to contact business associations and sensitize members on TB and expand the CTB base;
- Provide support in organizing stakeholder consultations through business associations and government;
- Undertake outreach to and mobilization of corporate partners to support government initiatives to eliminate TB in India;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with a network of national and international technical experts and champions, who will lend their support to Corporate TB Pledge.
B. Technical Support
- Provide technical support in designing workplace and CSR projects on TB;
- Provide technical support in project implementation including training programs and coordination with NGO partners;
- Provide documentation and monitoring support to prepare monthly quarterly and annual reports;
- Coordinate with the Government to provide access to local support and services;
- Provide IEC support to corporate partners;
- Facilitate e-learning.
- Manage activities in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of The Union and donors;
- Ensure appropriate controls and accountability over all funds, physical assets and other property items;
- Perform other relevant duties, as required by the Corporate Team and the Corporate Partnerships Lead of The Union South-East Asia Office.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Masters, or equivalent degree, in medical science, management (sales/ marketing), social science, communication, international development, or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in managing a similar role, preferably in Public Health;
- Experience in project management and capacity building;
- Prior experience in dealing with the corporate sector;
- Experience in resource mobilization and managing online campaigns will be an advantage
- Prior experience of working with international organizations on USAID or other donor funded projects will be an advantage;
- Understanding of the broad landscape of the National TB Elimination Program (NTEP) is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: TA-CP-UNION
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/UNION by or before December 5, 2021.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd