Organization: Social Impact
Apply By: 24 Oct 2020
About the Organization:
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Position: Translator/Interpreter, The Evaluation of the American Spaces Project, Department of State, India
Social Impact has been hired to evaluate the American Spaces Program. The evaluation will help determine the degree to which American Spaces is meeting Program aims of advancing access to information about the United States; advising local communities on U.S. higher education; providing English language teaching and learning opportunities; supporting alumni engagement; and promoting cultural programming abroad and contributing to core programming areas, and to identify best practices.
Social Impact is seeking a Translator based in Chennai, India to support the evaluation team and assist in translating data collection instruments and interpreting during interviews.
- In Phase 1 of data collection (approximately August 1, 2020 - October 30, 2020). The Interpreter will support the team by translating relevant materials such as surveys and consent forms from English into the local language.
- In Phase 2 of data collection (approximately November 2020 - March 2021 - TBD based on COVID-19 related developments and client direction), the Interpreter will translate interview protocols and provide interpretation during interviews and focus group discussions.
The estimated period of performance is August 1, 2020 through October 30, 2020, for Phase 1. In-person data collection, should it be feasible, will take place in late 2020 - early 2021.
- Work closely with Project Manager, Evaluation Team, and Country Research Coordinators during fieldwork.
- Translate data collection protocols and provide interpretation services in-country.
- At least three to five years of experience working for international development organizations.
- Background in translation/interpretation for research studies and evaluations for international development programming.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English and Tamil.
- Experience and ability to provide interpretation in a research setting.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high-quality standards.
- Native fluency in Tamil; fluency in English.
- Ability and willingness to travel within India for fieldwork.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd