Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Apply By: 13 Jun 2023
Location: Chennai(Tamil Nadu) Bengaluru(Karnataka) Mumbai(Maharashtra)
About the Organization
Bhumi was founded on August 15, 2006 by a group of friends, who believed that every underprivileged child deserves quality education. Since then, Bhumi has transformed this conviction into a volunteering opportunity for India’s youth, launching a snowball effect of nurturing talent on the path to an educated, poverty-free India.
To help build a more influential, equal and socially conscious society.
To drive social change by fostering an environment where young adults and children learn, lead, and thrive
We are transforming India through volunteering with a vision of making volunteering a national habit. We are looking for someone passionate about promoting a strong culture of volunteerism and civic responsibility among the youth.
The applicant would be responsible for volunteer management in a specific city or region. He/she will collaboratively work with volunteers, Bhumi teams, colleges, schools and other NGOs to maximise volunteering in India.’
- Promoting a strong culture of volunteerism and civic responsibility among citizens
- Plan and manage volunteer recruitment, management, retention and recognition of volunteers
- Increase volunteer activation & engagement through collaboration with colleges, schools, and nonprofit organisations
- Promote, identify and groom volunteer leaders
- Plan and engage volunteers in civic initiatives
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Must be a Bhumi Volunteer
- Prior work experience in the non-profit sector would be an advantage
- Any Graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good influencing skills , people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills– English, Hindi or Tamil.
- Good computer knowledge and MS office skills
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Active on social media to ensure prompt and consistent interaction with volunteers and coordinators
- High ownership - Proactive, Self-Monitored, Resourceful, Accountable
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are essential
- Willingness to travel locally and occasionally nationally as required
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- High Emotional maturity
- Reporting to: Co-Founder, Bhumi / Associate Director, Catalyse
- Designation: Associate to manager based on the candidate’s profile
- Expected Age: Below 30
- Scope: Willing to work flexible hours
- Weekly Holiday: Open to work on weekends and take off on a weekday.
- Remuneration – Based on candidates profile
- Expected Joining Date: June / July'23
For more information please check the Link