Application invited for International joint MSc programme
Institute Name: UNU - Institute for Environment and Human Security
Apply By: 15 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
United Nations University (UNU) is the academic arm of the United Nations and acts as a global think tank. The mission of the Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) is to carry out cutting edge research on risks and adaptation related to environmental hazards and global change. The institute’s research promotes policies and programmes to reduce these risks, while taking into account the interplay between environmental and societal factors.
About the Course:
The main purpose of the two-year Masters of Science programme is to provide postgraduate students with detailed knowledge, critical understanding, strategies and the tools required to take an interdisciplinary approach towards environmental risks and human security. The Master’s programme addresses theoretical and methodological debates in geography to better understand the complex emergence of environmental risks and natural hazards and their implications for human-nature relations (vulnerability, resilience, and adaptation) and how to deal with them in practice.
As a joint programme by the Department of Geography of the University of Bonn and the United Nations University in Bonn, the course provides a unique combination of advanced conceptual and applied engagements with the field of environmental risks and human security in an international context.
The programme’s primary goals are:
- Theoretical and methodological expertise in the field of environmental risks and human security combined with practical experiences
- Strong focus on developing countries/ the “Global South”
- Intercultural and interdisciplinary learning environment
- Possibility to engage in on-going research projects at both institutions
- Close cooperation with the UN system & international organizations
1)Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related/comparable professionally certified study programme. Out of all higher education qualifications earned (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional academic coursework, etc.) the majority of the attended courses (reflected in your transcripts) must be related to the three following areas:
- Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development;
- Science methodology and empirical research methods;
- Physical Geography, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science
2) A strong motivation to contribute to the area of human security and management of risks related to environmental change is a prerequisite to study in this Master’s Programme. Applicants should be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
3) Non-native English speaking applicants must prove proficiency in the English language.
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd