Applications Invited for Doctoral Programme (Ph.D.)
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
Apply By: 13 Jan 2020
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a public management school and an Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. They were the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad. They offer Post Graduate, Doctoral and executive training programmes.
Doctoral Programme (Ph.D.):
- It is a premier source of rigorous and inter-disciplinary research in all areas of business management and public policy, including Decision Sciences, Economics & Social Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Information Systems, Marketing, Organizational Behavior & Human Resources Management, Production & Operations Management, Public Policy, Strategy.
- It is committed to training individuals who will excel in their area of research by publishing quality work of international standard.
- It offers specialization in 10 areas.
- Students in good standing will get financial support for up to five years.
Areas of Specializations:
PhD Students specialize in one of the following areas:
- Decision Sciences
- Economics & Social Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
Duration of the Programme: Students are expected to complete the doctoral programme within 5 years of registering for the programme.
- A Master's Degree (bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a master’s degree) or a 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline, with at least 55 percent marks in the bachelor’s as well in the master’s degrees. (OR)
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50 percent marks (OR)
- A 4 year / 8 semesters Bachelor's degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent marks.
Doctoral students receive a stipend of Rs. 35,000 per month in addition to tuition waiver for up to five years to cover their living expenses.
Students are required to be in attendance on a full-time basis and devote all their time to course work and research and are also required to provide teaching and research assistance.
In addition, additional financial support is available through the following:
- Startup grant (in year 1) of Rs. 75,000 to meet expenses on purchasing research work related hardware and software
- Contingency grant (annual, in years 2-5) of Rs. 25,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, books and for meeting photocopying expenses.
- Post-Comprehensive stipend increase to Rs. 37,000/- and Post-Proposal stipend increase to Rs. 40,000/- per month
- Students who are not provided accommodation in the hostel, will be provided an additional payment of INR 15,000 (single students) a month and INR 20,000 (married students) a month respectively as non-residential subsidy.
- National Conference grants of up to Rs. 20,000 each towards accepted papers for three conferences for which prior approval needed.
- International Conference grants of up to Rs.1,50,000 each towards a first accepted paper, and up to Rs. 75,000 each for subsequent conferences for which prior approval needed.
How to Apply:
The application form for admission to Doctoral Programme 2020, will be available at http://iimberpsrv.iimb.ernet.in/prod/sfonlapp.home#. The deadline for submission of fully completed applications is January 13, 2020 (5:00 p.m.). Please note that candidates can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd