Applications Invited for Doctoral Programme in Management (PhD) 2020
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Apply By: 27 Jan 2020
About the Organization:
IIM Shillong has been set up with a vision of providing good quality management education and research in the North Eastern region of India. To ensure a holistic management education and to help the graduates grow into innovative leaders of the future, the Institute provides opportunities outside the classrooms as well, be it industrial interactions, sports competitions, cultural activities or entrepreneurial pursuits. The quality of instruction, rigorous course curriculum and exposures that the students get at IIM Shillong when coupled with their Summer Internship experience makes them adequately prepared and confident to face the challenges of the corporate world.
Ph.D. Programme 2020:
Ph.D. is a doctoral programme of IIM Shillong. The Programme is meant for scholars with curiosity in knowledge related to management studies. The Ph.D. at IIM Shillong is planned to be globally recognized, and would be a premier source of rigorous, and inter-disciplinary research in all areas of management. The programme is committed to train individuals who will excel in their respective area as educators and produce high quality research through publication of quality work of international standard.
Vision of Doctoral Programme in Management of IIM, Shillong
Doctoral programme of IIM Shillong aims at creating dedicated researchers and scholars who would explore the critical issues in management, identify opportunities for new frameworks and form new insights. The programme offers opportunities for carrying out advanced interdisciplinary research in all fields of management education and practice.
PhD (full time) Programme Outline:
The participant is expected to spend four years for PhD (full time) program that includes two years of rigorous course work. The coursework aims at providing an understanding of management disciplines, building theoretical foundations in the core area, develop basic skills for analyzing managerial problems and instill research interest. The coursework is expected to provide the participant with the platform for future research activities. The participant is evaluated through a Comprehensive Examination after the successful completion of course work; the doctoral dissertation period begins only after the participant successfully clearing the comprehensive examination. From third year onwards, the doctoral dissertation work provides the participant with an opportunity to make original contribution to an area of management in general or to one of its disciplines.
Areas of Specialization:
- Economics and Public Policy
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
- Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource and Communication
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics
Candidates should have:
- A Masters’ degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate Marks/equivalent CGPA for General Candidates (including EWS), 55% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates. Or CA, ICWA/CMA or CS with B. Com /similar degree.
- Additionally, each applicant needs to qualify Secondary, Higher Secondary and Graduation Examination with minimum 60% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for General Candidates, 50% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates.
Duration of the Programme and Accommodation:
- Scholars are expected to complete the programme in four years. However, under special circumstances, extension of one more year may be granted if approved by the competent authority. No financial support will however be provided beyond fourth year. PhD scholars will spend the first two years for course work and the last two years for research and thesis preparation. PhD (full time) is a residential programme.
- Hostel facility is available for all the PhD (full time) students; however, family accommodation is currently not available.
Financial Support: Candidates selected for the full time Doctoral Programme are given a financial support which covers their research requirements and modest living.
- PhD (fulltime) Application Form submission opens: 25th November 2019.
- Last date for downloading and online form submission: 27th January 2020.
- Last Date for receiving PhD applications forms (physical copy): 30th January 2020.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd