Applications Invited for Master in Business Administration (MBA) 2020
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Apply By: 31 Jan 2020
Master in Business Administration 2020
About the Organization:
IIM Shillong has been set up with a vision of providing good quality management education and research in the North Eastern region of India. To ensure a holistic management education and to help the graduates grow into innovative leaders of the future, the Institute provides opportunities outside the classrooms as well, be it industrial interactions, sports competitions, cultural activities or entrepreneurial pursuits. The quality of instruction, rigorous course curriculum and exposures that the students get at IIM Shillong when coupled with their Summer Internship experience makes them adequately prepared and confident to face the challenges of the corporate world.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. For details refer www.iimcat.ac.in
Admission/ Selection Process:
For admission to the MBA applicants are required to qualify for the CAT. Overseas candidates may however, apply with GMAT scores. Validity and other conditions are specified below:
- CAT - Current year scores
- GMAT score - no earlier than 24 months prior to last date of application
Admission Process for Overseas candidates
- Overseas candidates including NRIs who seek admission to IIM Shillong (IIMS) Master in Business Administration (MBA) can apply in the prescribed application form furnishing their latest GMAT scores. The scores should not be older than 24 months as on the last date of application. The Institute considers the GMAT scores of the candidates living abroad in lieu of CAT score. The overseas candidates who happen to be in India during the CAT examination, should appear in the CAT (for valid eligible score refer www.iimcat.ac.in)
- An Indian citizen living abroad (studying or employed) will qualify as an overseas candidate for the purpose of considering themselves for admission only if the period of stay is not less than 18 months. There is no reservation for overseas candidates and the offer of admission will be made solely on the basis of merit as in the case of other applicants taking CAT.
What do they look for?
- While the profile of students admitted to each batch may differ each year one thing that all students share is an ambition to make a difference in society and work.
- They look for students with strong analytical skills and an orientation towards outcome, as reflected in their CAT or GMAT scores and in their academic and work performance. And also those with a social or community orientation.
Duration of Program: The Post Graduate Program in Management is a two-year residential program
Financial Aid and Fees:
- The Institute assists the participants in availing educational loans from banks during the admission process. The details regarding the process are made available to the participants after they are offered admission to the Institute.
- The Institute endeavors that no candidate be denied opportunity to pursue the Post Graduate Programme for want of adequate financial resources. Keeping this in mind, IIM Shillong has provision for Need Based Financial Assistance Scheme to help economically weak MBA participants. The number of scholarship awardees and quantum of assistance is decided on the basis of annual gross family income, participant’s liquidity, credit worthiness and her/his overall suitability for the same.
- In addition, there are scholarships made available to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/People with Disabilities (PWD) participants by Government of India. The details regarding the quantum, eligibility, process, etc. are available at https://scholarships.gov.in
The filled in form (both hard and soft copy) should reach IIM Shillong not later than 31st January, 2020. The email id for sending the filled in form and application fee paid receipt is email@example.com
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd