Applications Invited for Masters of Arts in Education Programme
Institute Name: Azim Premji University
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
M.A. in Education
30 crore children. 15 lakh schools. 70 lakh teachers.
The system needs trained professionals.
Our efforts to improve public education in India requires highly capable and committed education personnel in substantial numbers. There is a dire need for people who can understand the domain of education and take up a variety of responsibilities ranging from classroom teaching to policy formulation to program management in education.The availability of trained professionals in education sector is grossly inadequate, given the scale, complexity of issues and the wide range of competencies required to work in these areas.
The Master of Arts in Education Programme at Azim Premji University aims to address the significant talent gap in the Education sector. Thisunique broad-based programme of study includes theory, practice, research, policy and planning in education. They will be equipped to take up roles such as Program Associates/Managers, Curriculum designers, Teacher Educators, School Leaders, Researchers etc.
The Programme is designed as a 72-credit, 2-year full time postgraduate degree programme-
- Common core curriculum including introduction to research, that lays the foundation in the first year.
- Wide range of Electives to choose fromin the 2nd year of study.
- Strong Integrated Field practice component comprising of weekly field-practicums in schools and 2-weeks to 6 weeks’ field engagements.
- Students have the flexibility to focus in specific areas of their interest in the 2nd year.
- The focus areasoffered are Science Education, Mathematics Education, Social Studies Education, Language and Literature Education, Early Childhood Education, Teacher Professional Development, and School Organisation and Leadership.
*Students can also pursue an Independent study in place of an Elective
After M.A. in Education-
Students after successfulcompletion of our programmes will develop the vision, social concern, and motivation to create a basis for education action.They will develop as confident professionals who can meaningfully contribute in the education sector.
They will take up roles such as Curriculum designer, Policy maker, School Leader, Teacher Educator, Designer of learning materials, Researcher in education, Program Manager of educational interventions, Associates working to address issues of access and equity in educationetc. In addition, they can also be social entrepreneurs capable of implementing path-breaking solutions to social problems.
We have a dedicated placement cell to enable fulfilling career opportunities for our graduates. Six batches have graduated and more than 90 organizations visit the campus every year forrecruitment. Some of the organisations that recruit from the campus are Kotak Education Foundation, Kaivalya Education Foundation, Mantra 4 Change, Akanksha Foundation, Magic Bus, Room to Read, Eklavya Foundation, Bodh Siksha Samiti, Azim Premji Foundation etc.
Click here to know more.
Eligibility: Undergraduate degree in any discipline; Working professionals who would like to transition from the corporate to the social sector are encouraged to apply. A postgraduate degree in Education will expand your horizons in the development sector.
- Last date to apply: 30th Apr, 2019
- 50% guaranteed tuition fee waiver for candidates with 3+ years’ work experience.
- National Entrance Test is on May 11th, 2019
- Classes commencing in July 2019
For more information please check the link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd