Applications Invited for Ph.D. Programme in Management
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Apply By: 23 Jan 2020
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad or IIMA) is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The institute offers Master’s Degree programmes in management and agri-business management, a fellowship programme and a number of executive training programmes.
Ph. D. Programme:
The Ph. D. Programme of IIMA admits students who have a strong academic background, are highly motivated and who have the intellectual curiosity to undertake original research. The programme prepares students for a career in academia or research positions in industry.
Candidates can apply to the following Areas of high levels of specialization: (1) Business Policy, (2) Economics, (3) Finance & Accounting, (4) Food & Agri-business, (5) Human Resource Management, (6) Information Systems, (7) Innovation and Management in Education, (8) Marketing, (9) Organizational Behaviour, (10) Production and Quantitative Methods, and (11) Public Systems.
Students spend generally a little over four years that includes two years of rigorous course work. From the First term onwards students take advanced Ph. D. level courses in the Area of high levels of specialization along with some recommended Post Graduate Programme (PGP) courses which provides a general management overview and develop basic skills for analyzing managerial problems. After completing the course work, students have to pass an Area Comprehensive Examination to demonstrate that they have reached a level of proficiency in the Area of high levels of specialization. Subsequently, students work on their Ph. D. dissertations. These dissertations are expected to make original contributions to an Area of management or to one of management's source disciplines.
Students admitted to the programme receive a comprehensive fellowship that covers all costs and in addition provided a modest living allowance. IIMA has excellent facilities in computing, library, and faculty resources. IIMA faculty members publish actively in scholarly journals and consult with industry and government within and outside the country. Case writing and related research are actively pursued by faculty and students. Graduates of the Ph. D. Programme are placed in world class organizations in teaching, research and consulting positions. A total of 378 doctoral students have graduated from IIMA so far.
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must hold, subject to the condition laid down below:
- Master's or Post graduate diploma (2 yrs.) Or Professional qualification - CA/ ICWA/CS with B.Com/Degree: Min Duration-3 years
- B.Tech./ 4-year Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent: Min Duration- 4 years
- Candidates applying to the Ph. D. Programme are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT. For NRIs and Foreign students this standard test is the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
- Different Areas of high levels of specialization of IIMA have specified different standard tests that candidates applying to the Ph. D. Programme in their Areas can take in lieu of CAT.
Fellowship and Expenses:
- IIMA provides a comprehensive fellowship that covers all academic expenses including tuition, computer, library, medical insurance, placement and alumni fees, and in addition includes a monthly subsistence allowance of Rs.32, 800/- (Slab A) for first and second years, Rs.35, 400/- (Slab B) after completing comprehensive examination and Rs.39, 300/- (Slab C) after submitting the TAC approved thesis proposal.
- A Contingency Allowance of Rs.25, 000 per year (for five years) to cover research expenses, expenses on books, photocopying etc. are also available to all students. Students are entitled to get up to an amount of Rs.1,75,000/- (upper limit) for attending international conference/workshop/summer school during their entire tenure with Ph.D. Programme system (maximum 5 years). (Further details are described in the Ph. D. Programme Brochure).
- Since the Ph. D. Programme is a full time residential programme, accommodation is provided to all the students in dormitories. A fixed number of houses for married students are available on campus.
How to Apply:
Application Form and Brochure will be available online. Candidates can fill-up the application form online and is eligible to apply for a maximum of three Areas of high levels of specialization. An application fee of Rs.500/- can be paid through IIMA gate way
Last date for submitting Online Application: January 23, 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd