Applications Invited for Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) 2020
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Apply By: 30 Jun 2020
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad or IIMA) is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The institute offers Master’s Degree programmes in management and agri-business management, a fellowship programme and a number of executive training programmes.
About the Program:
The two-year full-time Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), rated as the toughest MBA programme in the world to get admission, is the flagship programme of IIMA. Its main objective is to develop young men and women into competent professional managers, capable of working in any sector of organized activity, proceeding leadership and achieving excellence in performance while contributing to the welfare of the larger society. The programme specifically attempts to:
- Equip students with the required conceptual and interpersonal skills and sense of social purpose for managerial decision-making,
- Develop leadership capabilities to act as change agents and be a source of motivation in the organizations they work in,
- Nurture the desire to excel in performance without compromising integrity, honesty and fairness.
The PGP curriculum is the result of constant innovation and continuous review by the faculty with help from practitioners in industry, alumni and students. The programme offers four types of courses spread across two years viz. foundational, tools and techniques oriented, functional and perspective-building courses. It also provides opportunities for project courses and courses of independent study during the second year
The compulsory/ core courses focus on rigorous grounding in the rudiments of every discipline in management and the development of a common foundation of business knowledge and management theory. The core courses consist of 480 sessions (Approx.) encompassing 24 credits (Approx.).
After the first year of programme, students undertake summer training with Institute's corporate partners for a period of eight to nine weeks. The Summer Internship is a powerful source of practical managerial insights, validation of management concepts, and valuable market knowledge.
The elective courses which are offered in the second year of the programme allow students to choose a bouquet of courses that interest them and develop proficiency in the areas of their choice. The elective courses consist of in-class courses (often with project components) offered by different areas, courses of independent study, exchange programmes, and intensive field courses, totaling 19 – 22 credits (380-440 sessions) over three Terms. Each of the Terms consists of 09 to 12 weeks' duration. Each credit requires a minimum of eighty hours of work.
Types of Courses:
- Regular Course: This helps a student to learn tools, techniques, skills and concepts primarily through class discussions.
- Seminar Course: This provides a specified number of class sessions and time for research to explore the frontiers of knowledge.
- Projects: These are designed to suit individual student needs. There are four categories of projects. (1) An Independent Project, (2) Project Course, (3) Course of Independent Study, and (4) Comprehensive Project.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category, this is relaxed to 45%), of any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. The percentage obtained by the candidate in the bachelor's degree would be based on the practice followed by the institution/university from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case of the candidate being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where they have obtained the bachelor's degree. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IIMA by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Such a candidate must produce a certificate from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year/is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category) based on latest available grades/marks. Such a candidate, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 30, 2020 from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university (issued on or before June 30, 2020) stating that they have completed all the requirements (the result may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate. Their admission will be confirmed only when the candidate submits the mark-sheet and a certificate of having passed the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university with at least 50% marks (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category). It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally admitted, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination held on or before June 30, 2020 (including supplementary, if any), to be eligible for admission to the Post Graduate Programme (PGP) batch 2020-22. The deadline for submission of the mark-sheet and the certificate is December 31, 2020. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission. IIMA would not allow any candidate to join its PGP in case the candidate is unable to complete all the requirements for a bachelor's degree on or before June 30, 2020.
IIMA would also not offer admission to any candidate after June 30, 2020.
Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd