Applications invited for Google News Initiative Newsroom Leadership Program
Institute Name: Google
Apply By: 26 Jun 2019
Course title: Applications invited for Google News Initiative Newsroom Leadership Program
Deadline: 26th June 2019
The program aims to enhance the leadership skills and nimble decision-making capacity of emerging newsroom leaders in the Asia-Pacific region, with particular focus on applied technology, audience-centric behaviors, design thinking, data applications, understanding business models and editorial innovation.
Fellows will gain skills and knowledge to make better strategic decisions for their newsrooms and audiences. Each Fellow will also work on a specific project during the year that is relevant to their newsroom within the main fellowship topics: technology, monetization and data.
The program emphasizes:
Building a practical understanding of how news companies around the world —large and small, legacy and start-up—actually operate as businesses, and how technology has revolutionized what it means to be a news publisher.
Developing a framework for evaluating the costs and benefits of introducing technology-driven changes into workflows and resourcing, and how to create and manage a plan for change management within the organization.
Leveraging data and the latest technology to create compelling content and understand audiences, while thinking about publishing “products” when putting together journalism packages.
Learning how to facilitate design-thinking in newsrooms using Google's design sprint methodology, which is used to solve problems and develop products, as the initial step for developing their project.
Specific topics may include:
Today’s Media Business
- Understanding both traditional and new revenue models
Leadership in Unstable Times
- Techniques for handling disruption and transition
- Managing a team with diverse skills
The Role of Data in the Newsroom and the Board Room
Design-Thinking and Building News Products
Power Skills: How to Develop Soft Skills for Effective Leadership
The GNI Newsroom Leadership Program includes four weeks of on-site classroom sessions, with Columbia University School of Journalism delivering the core training over three weeks, supplemented by other training offered by Google. Fellows will receive individual coaching on their projects throughout the year.
- Applications open: April 22
- Application deadline: June 26 The complete application - including a personal goals essay, two letters of recommendation and a clear articulation of the individual project - must be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered. Applications are considered on a rolling basis, and shortlisted applicants are interviewed by the Google News Initiative. Shortlisted applications are sent to Columbia, which makes the final selection.
- Successful applicants are notified: July 31
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd