Call for Papers - Act East Policy: Prospect and Challenge for North East India
Organization Name: National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj
Apply By: 28 Feb 2019
Location: Guwahati, Assam, India
Presentation Date: 15 Mar. 2019 - 16 Mar. 2019
Title: Call for Papers - Act East Policy: Prospect and Challenge for North East India
Deadline: 28th February 2019
India’s Look East Policy or Act East Policy is a revival and rebuilding of India’s traditional, cultural, historical and political ties with the countries in the South East Asian region was unveiled in the early 1990s. The upgraded version of the policy was unveiled in the form of India’s Act East Policy at the 12th ASEAN-India Summit in 2014 held in Nay Pyi Taw. In his Opening Statement on the occasion, Prime Minister said: “A new era of economic development, industrialization and trade has begun in India. Externally, India's 'Look East Policy' has become 'Act East Policy’."
In fact, the India's Act East Policy focusses on the extended neighbourhood in the Asia-Pacific region. Initially, the policy was conceived as an economic cooperation initiative, but with the restructuration in the ‘Act East Policy’ it has gained political, strategic and cultural dimensions including establishment of institutional mechanisms for dialogue and cooperation. The restructure policy has placed importance on India-ASEAN cooperation on domestic agenda, such as infrastructure, manufacturing, trade, skills, urban renewal, smart cities, Make in India and other initiatives. Connectivity projects, cooperation in space, S&T and people-to-people exchanges has been visualised as a springboard for regional integration and prosperity.
- To provide a platform to share national, international and regional experiences on the efforts made so far under the AEP
- To assess the programmes undertaken in AEP and linkages with the livelihood priorities and promotion of the NE region.
- To examine the benefits, issues and challenges related to the implementation of AEP and sustainable rural development
- To arrive at strategies and action framework to develop and promote practical policy options to support rural livelihoods under AEP.
- Evolution of India’s Act East Policy
- India’s Northeast Policy
- Cultural, Traditional, Historical and Political link with South Asian Countries and AEP
- Act East Policy and the Development Concern of North Eastern States
- Act East Policy: Expectations and Ground Realities
- Integration of North Eastern States’ Economy and its Impact on Rural Development
- Act East Policy and Socio-political and Economic situation of the South Asian Countries
- Economic Potentials of the Look East Policy and North Eastern States
- The psychological dimension of Act East Policy for the people of North East India
- Insurgency, territorial integrity and Security Issues in North East India and Act East Policy
- Reviews of Projects under Act East Policy and North East India
- The assemblage of ideas and suggestions to plan, develop and modify the programmes undertaken in AEP.
- Identification of micro and macro benefits of the policy and its prospect in the region.
- The discussion will be generated on important aspects of indigenous knowledge system and its role in poverty alleviation and sustainable rural development.
- Inputs for policy will be provided through recommendations of the Seminar, which will be presented to the concerned Central Ministries and State’s Department.
Guidelines for Papers:
It is also recommended that the length of the abstract and full paper should not exceed 500 words and 6,000 words, respectively, excluding preliminary pages, annexure, and references. It should be written in Times New Roman, 12 pt. and line spacing- 1.15 lines. For reference, we recommend the APA style
The abstract should include the title of the proposed paper, Name of author/s, Institutional Affiliation, Email address, Mobile No and Postal address, keywords up to six and finally a paragraph of not more than 500 words summarizing the main findings and the argument of the proposed paper, and its significance.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd