Organization Name: Indian Council of Medical Research
Apply By: 31 Mar 2019
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
Presentation Date: 31 Mar. 2019 - 31 Mar. 2019
Title: Call for Papers - Proposes to organize Research Methodology workshops for young faculty members/researchers working in medical colleges.
Deadline: 31st March 2019
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) proposes to organize Research Methodology workshops in– Eastern (Bihar, Jharkand, West Bengal and Odisha) and Western (Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharastra, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagra haveli) regions for young faculty members/researchers working in medical colleges and health research institutions.
The objectives of the workshop will be as the following
- To explain the basic concepts in epidemiology and bio-statistics, related to research methods.
- To provide training, in designing bio-medical and health research studies among human participants.
- To undertake hands on exercises, through group work for refining the concept proposals enabling them to develop into full proposals for seeking possible funding.
Selection of workshop participants:
Young faculty members/researchers of medical colleges, universities and research institutions of Eastern and Western States would be selected based on the concept proposals keeping in mind the disease burden in the interest of the local/ regional / state health priorities related to communicable diseases, non communicable diseases, maternal and child health, health system research, behavioral research etc. The concept proposals may be sent in following format:
- Aims and Objectives (not more than two objectives)
- Rationale/Justification (not more than 300 words)
- Brief Methodology (include study population, sample size, study design, plan of analysis) (not exceeding 800 words)
- Tentative Budget (not exceeding Rs.15 lakhs for the maximum duration of 3 years)
- Expected outcomes (not exceeding 100 words)
- National relevance (not exceeding 100 words)
- Brief bio-sketch of the Principal/Project Investigator (PI) (not exceeding 200 words) and mention only five relevant publications in last 5 years.
About the workshop:
The young faculty members/researchers, whose concept proposals are shortlisted, would be invited to attend the workshop, which will be conducted in collaboration with one of the nearby ICMR institute.
How many and how to apply:
Each medical college/research institution is requested to submit a maximum of five, high priority proposals. An expert committee shall shortlist upto 10 proposals per region for further development during the workshops. The Principal investigator of only shortlisted project proposals will be invited for the workshop.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd