Call For Papers Invited for 61st Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics
Organization Name: Indian Society of Labour Economics
Apply By: 15 Sep 2019
Location: Patiala, Punjab, India
Presentation Date: 07 Dec. 2019 - 09 Dec. 2019
The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) is pleased to announce its 61st Annual Conference to be held in Patiala, Punjab during 7- 9 December 2019. This Conference is being organised by Centre for Development Economics and Innovation Studies (CDEIS), Punjabi University, Patiala. Dr. Gerry Rodgers, Visiting Professor, Institute for Human Development, Delhi and Former Director, International Institute of Labour Studies, Geneva is the Conference President. Dr. Lakhwinder Singh Gill, Professor of Economics, Associate Dean Research and Coordinator, CDEIS, Punjabi University, Patiala is the Organising Secretary of the Conference.
- Technology, Globalization and Work
- Labour Organisations and Labour Rights in the Changing World of Work
- Changing Pattern of Rural Labour Markets
Dates to Remember
- Last Date for Submission of Papers: 15 September 2019
- Communication from ISLE about Acceptance of Papers: 30 September 2019
- Last Date for Registration: 31 October 2019
Submission Of Papers
- The Conference is open to scholars both from India and outside. The papers may relate to India as well as other regions and countries of the world.
- The papers should be submitted online on the Conference portal at http://conference.isleijle.org/
- Length of the paper should not exceed 8000 words and should adhere to the current writing style of The Indian Journal of Labour Economics (IJLE). For further details, please visit http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/41027
- All papers should include a summary of 500 -750 words. The summaries of all accepted papers will be compiled into a publication which will be distributed among the Conference participants, along with a CD containing the selected papers. These summaries will also be put up on the ISLE website.
- Those who would like their papers to be published in the Indian Journal of Labour Economics, should upload their revised papers after the Conference at http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/41027
- Authors must ensure that their submissions are original. Please note that all papers will be screened for plagiarism and accordingly accepted or rejected. Further, authors are solely responsible for violation with respect to plagiarism.
- Best Paper Awards and Fellowship: Every year ISLE gives two best paper awards – Ruddar Datt Memorial Award and Sanjay Thakur Young Labour Economist Award – and one fellowship – Surjit Singh Fellowship – to young scholars below 40 years. For further details, visit: http://conference.isleijle.org/
During the conference, a number of panels are organised including a pre conference event. Proposals for panels are invited from scholars and institutions.
Each panel proposal should contain the following:
- Title of the panel and a description of the panel’s theme
- Titles, authors and abstracts (within 500 words) of the papers to be presented
- Names, affiliations and short biographies (100-150 words) of the proposed presenters and discussants/commentators
- Name and contact information of the panel organiser
Note: A panel session will comprise of 4 – 5 paper presentations. The organizers / coordinators of each Panel Session are expected to be in charge of the Panel Discussion, including raising resources for speakers’ travel and other expenditure. The proposals may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 August 2019. In the duration of the conference, a special event will be organised to mark the Centenary of the International Labour Organization, which was founded in 1919.
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd