Organization Name: Government of India
Apply By: 30 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
Presentation Date: 18 Nov. 2019 - 21 Nov. 2019
Title: Call for Papers - Eighth International Conference on Agricultural Statistics
The Eighth International Conference on Agricultural Statistics 2019 (ICAS-VIII) will be held during 18- 21 November 2019 at New Delhi, India. The Conference, which will be held under the auspices of the Committee on Agricultural Statistics of International Statistical Institute (ISI-CAS), is organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW), Government of India in close collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), EUROSTAT, other Departments of various Ministries of Government of India and many other international and national organizations.
ICAS-VIII will focus on Statistics for Transformation of Agriculture to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Conference will build on the outcomes of various leading research and best practices in the field of agricultural statistics, to help address the challenges faced by National Statistical Systems while producing data to report on the SDGs.
The programme of the Conference would encompass Keynote addresses, Plenary Sessions, over 40 concurrent sessions focusing on 10 Thematic Sets, poster session(s), etc. The Programme will also include an opening and a closing session to summarize issues and recommendations.
- Thematic Sets for Concurrent Sessions
- Data Analysis / Data Integration
- Data Sources / Data Collection/ Data Quality
- Data Dissemination & Communication
- Use of Statistics for Policy Making and Research
- Food Security, Poverty, Rural Development and Social Dimensions of Agriculture
- Sustainable Agricultural Production and Consumption
- Natural Resource Use in Agriculture
- Climate Change and Environmental Issues
- Social Protection and Risk Mitigation Measures in Agriculture
- Capacity building in Agricultural Statistics
ICAS-VIII would be annexed with special events and trainings as the pre- and post-conference events on the use of methods and standards for the collection and analysis of agricultural statistics. These events would be organized by partnering organizations.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd