Call for papers for the Land and Poverty Conference 2020: Institutions for Equity and Resilience
Organization Name: The World Bank Group
Apply By: 31 Jan 2020
Location: 1818 H Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20433, USA
Presentation Date: 16 Mar. 2020 - 20 Mar. 2020
About the Organization:
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
Theme of the Conference: Institutions for Equity & Resilience.
About the Conference:
The Land and Poverty conference 2020 presents the latest research and innovations in policies and good practice on land governance around the world. This conference has become one of the largest international events on land governance, attracting over 1,400 participants from governments, academics, civil society, and the private sector.
Submission instructions for paper abstract
- Please submit abstract for oral presentation of an individual paper, poster, or MasterClass by October 13, 2019 via ConfTool (Please view guidelines on how to create a new user account and how to submit an abstract. Proposals for a panel are not accepted.
- Abstracts should be between 800 and 1,500 words, anonymous, written in American English, and submitted online in Word format. Abstracts less than 800 words will not be reviewed.
- Abstract selection for presentation is through a double-blind peer-review process. Criteria are (i) relevance to conference thematic tracks; ; (ii) innovative and new; (iii) evidence-based and methodological appropriateness (iv) significance for policy, interventions or research agenda; and (v) clarity of proposal.
- Abstract acceptance for oral presentation, poster and masterclass will be communicated by December 3, 2019.
- Due to space limitation, registered participants will be assigned max. One slot for an oral presentation (for accepted abstracts only). If an additional abstract was accepted, it will be included in the poster presentations. Replacement of accepted presenter by co-author or colleague will not be accepted, if resulting in more than one oral presentation.
- Kindly note that inclusion of an accepted presentation in the final conference program is conditional on (i) timely conference registration and (ii) uploading of full paper.
- Deadline conference registration: January 31, 2020
- Deadline submission full papers, posters and Masterclasses: February 15, 2020
- Deadline submission PowerPoint: March 9, 2020
- Academic economic research quantitative impact evaluations
- Data driven land policy; innovations in use geospatial/ML/AI data
- Land policy reform & structural transformation; political economy
- Land (rental) markets
- Land tenure security and gender, youth, indigenous peoples; marginalization
- Tenure rights and resilience; climate change; natural resource management
- Large-scale land acquisition; State land management
- Land for urban expansion and affordable housing; land acquisition
- Property tax and land value capture
- Digital Development and Land information and administration; Data protection; Data ownership
- Regulatory reforms, Institutional innovation, sustainability; financing improvements
- Global policies and agreements; mobilizing for land transparency
- March 16: Conference opening at 4.30 PM; Pre-conference on new research (9.30 AM – 4 PM)
- March 17–19: Conference: Parallel thematic tracks and policy round tables (8.30 AM– 5.15 PM).
- March 19: closing session and reception
- March 16–19: Poster sessions in Atrium
- March 20: Learning day (9 AM–3 PM)
- March 16–20: Exhibition booths in Atrium
All deadlines below refer to Midnight, Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- August 19, 2019: New users first create user accounts. Call for abstracts and opening abstracts upload in ConfTool.
- October 1, 2019: Opening conference registration. Create user accounts and register and pay conference fee in ConfTool.
- October 13, 2019: Deadline to submit abstracts and proposals for papers and MasterClasses
- December 3, 2019: Notification of acceptance of papers, posters and MasterClasses
- January 31st, 2020: Deadline to complete registration and pay conference fees for all presenting authors of papers and posters, and Masterclass organizers
- February 15, 2020: Deadline to: Upload full papers; Submit final posters (for printing by conference organizers); Final version summary and biography (for conference program book/mobile app)
- March 9, 2020: Deadline to upload PPT for presentation at conference
Contact: Land Conference 2020 email@example.com
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd