Applications Invited For Joint NAM S&T Centre–ZMT Bremen Fellowship in Tropical Coastal Marine Research
Organization: Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre)
Apply By: 07 Jun 2019
About the Organization:
In pursuance of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) concluded by the NAMS&T Centre with the Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, Bremen, Germany , a Joint NAM S&T Centre– ZMT Bremen Fellowship scheme was initiated in 2008for providing opportunities to the scientists from the developing countries to affiliate themselves with ZMT to upgrade their research skills and conduct joint research in Ecology, Biogeochemistry, Modelling and Tropical Coastal Marine Systems.
About the Fellowship:
The objectives of the Joint NAM S&T Centre– ZMT Bremen Fellowship Programme are:
- To provide opportunities to the scientists and researchers from the developing countries to work with senior researchers and faculty members in ZMT Bremen for upgrading their research skills in the fields related to Ecology, Bio geochemistry, Geology, Theoretical Ecology and Modelling, Social Sciences and Tropical Coastal Marine Systems. To facilitate the scientists and researchers from the developing countries to undertake short-term joint research projects at ZMT Bremen.
- To provide a mechanism to the scientists and researchers from the developing countries to use the equipment and facility of ZMT Bremen for their own research activities on mutually agreed terms and conditions.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts and create a network between the scientists and researchers from Germany and other developing countries.
- Depending on the research topic, the Fellows can also benefit from the ZMT's association with the University of Bremen, Jacobs University, the Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology and other well-established marine institutes.
- It is expected from NAM Fellows to write a Working Paper that will be published on ZMTs website during their stay at ZMT.
Number of Fellowships:
Upto 5 scientists and researchers from the developing countries will be sponsored each year by the NAM S&T Centre to work at ZMT Bremen under the Joint Fellowship Programme. They will be selected strictly on merit and competitive basis.
Duration of Fellowship:
The maximum duration of Fellowship will be three months. All the selected scholars will have to obey the German VISA regulations according to which one can stay only for a maximum period of 90 days in Germany, beyond which the VISA regulations are more stringent.
- The applicant must hold at least a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or an equivalent degreeand should be actively engaged in research and development.
- There is no upper age limit, but younger scientists will be preferred.
- Selection is strictly on merit based on the scientific quality of the proposal submitted by the applicant.
- From a developing country only one scientist/ researcher will be accepted in any given financial year
Submission and Selection of Applications:
- Applications for the fellowship may be submitted in the prescribed format (attached)directly to the NAM S&T Centre and not to ZMT Bremen. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- A proposal on the scientific work to be carried out at ZMT Bremen must be attached with the application. To prepare the proposal the applicants may carefully study the material available on the website of ZMT Bremen [www.leibniz-zmt.de] and then, if questions or via the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for administrative questions.
- Five applicants will be selected each year out of all the applications received based on the professional details supplied and the Plan of Work submitted by the applicants.
- In matter of selection, the decision of the NAM S&T Centre and ZMT Bremen shall be final.
Deadline: 7th June 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd