Applications Invited for AKRSPI Fellowship Programme
Organization: Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India)
Apply By: 15 Sep 2019
The Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government development organisation. AKRSP (India) began field operations in 1985. AKRSP (I) works as a catalyst for the betterment of rural communities by providing direct support to local communities to promote activities and develop models for sustainable natural resource use and development of human resources. It has innovated and pioneered several efforts in areas such as participatory irrigation management, joint forest management, rain water harvesting, and watershed development to empower rural women and marginalized communities including tribal people in Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. AKRSP (India) also partners with other NGOs and research agencies to influence policies and programmes of the Government and market players to improve the quality of life of the rural poor. It is a member of many state and national committees on natural resource management, sanitation, etc.
About AKRSPI Fellowship
AKRSP (I) has initiated the Research Fellowship on Water Control for Tribal Community to support youth to take up highly relevant and policy oriented research. Fellowship programme will comprise of 10 months duration with specific deliverables. Shorter duration upto 6 months will be considered as a special case. Selected youths will undergo induction training at the outset of the programme followed by allocation of specific project and location. A monthly workshop will be conducted to review the progress of the project allocated to fellows, share insights and give guidance. A monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000 will be provided to support the basic needs. Travel and other necessary official expenses will be reimbursed after producing bills. Fellows are expected to do the following:
- To display high commitment to the cause of water control in Tribal areas through research and similar activities
- To submit assign deliverables on due dates
- To attend each and every programmes which are part of fellowship.
- They are also expected to adhere to the rules and regulations of AKRSP(I) and Fellowship programme
Location : Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra
Education : Graduate
Socially conscious youth in the age group of 18-30 and Youth Candidates who belong to tribal communities or have worked in rural areas (specially on water management) will be given priority.
Skills & Competencies required:
- sincere, passionate and willing to contribute to community with a full time commitment for ten months.
- Graduate with good communication skills and research orientation
- Fluency in English will be needed.
- Photography and video-making skills will be an added advantage.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd