Applications Invited for DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant
Organization: DBS Foundation
Apply By: 31 Jul 2019
About the Organization
Over the years, DBS supported more than 100 social enterprises in Asia with grant funding. Including the non-financial support and business procurement opportunities that DBS provides, we have worked with over 200 social enterprises.
DBS Foundation actively supports social enterprises with its Social Enterprise Grant Programme. This grant programme enables social enterprises to add critical capabilities to achieve sustainability and scale up their existing business that leads to greater social impact.
The Foundation also partners social enterprise developers to facilitate knowledge sharing and build the capacity of social enterprises to achieve social and commercial viability. These partners provide incubation, bootcamps, workshops and some financial support to social enterprises.
DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant
We offer grants between SGD 50,000 and SGD 250,000 to social enterprises who have a product market fit, demonstrated traction in sales and revenue, clear social impact and are ready to scale up.
They fund social enterprises registered and operating in:
- Hong Kong
What are we looking for?
We want to support social enterprises in scaling their businesses through improving operational capacity, innovation capabilities, extending geographical reach, and thereby increasing their social impact.
The social enterprise seeking the grant must:
- Have a business product/solution that has been validated in the market, as evidenced by revenue generation and/or traction in client acquisition, with clear plans to scale up business; and
- Be committed to a social mission and have a clear roadmap towards scaling social impact.
Some examples of how a DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant may be used:
- Expand to new regions/markets
- Increase production capacity
- Establish / strengthen a brand
- Improve operational efficiency
- Build or structure a team
- Enhance social impact measurement / management
- Protect intellectual property
Application forms received before 31 July 2019, 2359hrs (Singapore time, GMT+8) will be evaluated from August to September 2019*.
Application forms received on 1 August 2019 and thereafter will be evaluated in the next evaluation cycle in 2020.
We evaluate grant applications on the following criteria:
- Extent to which the solution is different from the status quo
- Extent to which social enterprise maintains innovation and continuous improvement
- Clarity of social problem, stakeholders/beneficiaries, evidence-based impact metrics
- Robustness of theory of change supported by social enterprise model
- Established market demand for the social enterprise’s product service offering
- Strength of customer acquisition strategy and revenue model
- Clear financial track record and realistic projections
- Scalability of business and social impact
- Feasibility of scale-up plans based on identified key growth drivers and milestones
- Operational ability to implement scale-up plans over the next 24 months
- Founder’s vision and commitment to achieving scale in profits and social impact
- Management team’s experience and ability to achieve the growth targets
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd