Applications Invited for Drop Tower Experiment Series (DropTES)
Organization: United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA)
Apply By: 31 Jan 2020
About the Organization:
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) works to promote international cooperation in the peaceful use and exploration of space, and in the utilization of space science and technology for sustainable economic and social development. The Office assists any United Nations Member States to establish legal and regulatory frameworks to govern space activities and strengthens the capacity of developing countries to use space science technology and applications for development by helping to integrate space capabilities into national development programmes.
Fellowship Programme for "Drop Tower Experiment Series" (DropTES):
Brief Programme Description:
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) is pleased to announce the Fellowship Programme “Drop Tower Experiment Series” as part of the Human Space Technology Initiative (HSTI) under the United Nations Programme on Space Applications and in close cooperation with the Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity (ZARM) and the German Aerospace Center (DLR) Space Administration. The programme is aimed at scientists and researchers with a team of students who are from Member States of the United Nations and invites them to conduct their own microgravity experiment series at the Bremen Drop Tower in Germany
The DropTES Fellowship Programme is aimed at contributing to the promotion of space education and research in microgravity around the world, particularly for the enhancement of relevant capacity-building activities in developing countries.
- The DropTES Fellowship Programme is open to research teams from entities that are located in Member States of the United Nations. Each team should consist of up to four Bachelor, Master and/or PhD students who must be endorsed by their academic supervisor (team leader).
- It is further required that the proposed experiment be an integral part of the students’ syllabuses, that is, part of a Bachelor thesis, a Master thesis, a PhD thesis, or another form of research project associated with the applicants’ studies at their respective universities.
- The final number of team members who will participate in the experiment series on site at the Bremen Drop Tower depends strictly on the requirements of the experiment and is subject to approval by the Selection Board of the DropTES Fellowship Programme. The Board reserves the right to change or limit the team size if considered necessary.
- Changes to the composition of the team are NOT allowed once the application has been submitted. If for exceptional reasons changes are absolutely necessary, they will be subject to the approval of the Selection Board. Priority will be given to teams that have not previously participated in an experiment series at the Bremen Drop Tower and/or research projects that have never been conducted at the Bremen Drop Tower.
- Each team applying must be supported by one of its academic supervisors (team leader - Prof./PhD), whose role will be to supervise the work of the students. This person must belong to the same entity as at least one of the students and will be expected to endorse the entire application and development process of the team and bear responsibility for the execution of the experiment.
- Applicants must be able to show that they have their respective entities’ support through a Letter of Endorsement from their entities’ directors.
Application to the Programme:
The fully completed application, properly endorsed by the applicant’s entity, should be emailed to email@example.com both in PDF format (.pdf) containing the signature page, and in MS WORD (.doc), no later than 31 January 2020.
The latest information on the HSTI DropTES Fellowship Programme will be made available on the website of UNOOSA: http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/ourwork/psa/hsti/capacity-building/droptes.html
For further information regarding the Fellowship Programme and applications, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme Outline and Schedule:
Timeline of the Application and Selection Process:
- Deadline for Application Submission: 31 January 2020
- Selection of Applicants: February 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd