Applications Invited for Earth Journalism Network 2019 Reporting Fellowships to the UNCCD COP14
Organization: Earth Journalism Network
Apply By: 23 Jun 2019
About the Organization
Internews developed the Earth Journalism Network (EJN) to empower and enable journalists from developing countries to cover the environment more effectively. With a mission to improve the quantity and quality of environmental coverage and more than 6,000 members from 130 countries, EJN trains journalists to cover a wide variety of topics, develops ground-breaking digital media sites, establishes networks of environmental journalists in countries where they don't exist, and builds their capacity where they do, through workshops and development of training materials, Fellowship programs, support for story production and distribution, and dispersing small grants.
About the Fellowship
The UNCCD COP14 will be a key gathering to review progress made to control and reverse further loss of productive land from desertification, land degradation and drought. A mix of representatives from national, regional and local governments, science and research communities, the private sector, international and non-governmental organizations and all forms of media are expected to address these issues during the two-week event.
As part of this Fellowship program, the 2019 group will comprise five selected journalists from Africa and India. We’re putting particular emphasis on selecting reporters from arid regions, or regions impacted by drought and desertification. Fellows will attend the conference between 6-14 September, where they will engage with other participants and Fellowship program organizers in a series of specially designed activities that will include mentorship, an orientation workshop, breakfast briefings and interviews and sessions with high-level officials.
Amongst costs covered will be nonrefundable economy-class airfare, hotel, meals, and transportation both in-location and in transit. We will also assist with the press accreditation process and provide other support services relating to travel. Please note that the process of obtaining any necessary visas is a Fellow's responsibility; however, visa costs can be reimbursed.
To be eligible for the Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a professional journalist from or representing an established media house and reporting from a developing country;
- Fill out the application form using the link below, including answering essay questions that illustrate his/her experience reporting on desertification and degradation issues. We also ask you to describe the kinds of stories you might pursue at the conference;
- Be available to arrive in India on Friday, 6th September and stay until departure on Saturday the 14th;
- Commit to participate in all Fellowship activities;
- Provide a letter of support from an editor, producer or supervisor who can confirm your ability to publish or broadcast your material in an established media outlet. Freelancers are welcome to apply but must provide a letter of support.
The deadline for sending applications is June 23, 2019 at 5pm IST.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd