Organization: Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation
Apply By: 31 May 2019
Fellowship title: Applications for H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship 2019-20
Deadline: 31st May 2019
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation (SILF) is pleased to invite applications for financial support from students residing in self-settled leprosy colonies for pursuing higher professional studies.
The scholarship will be given for only
- Professional Masters courses
- Professional Bachelors courses
- Professional Diploma courses
The scholarship will be available only for courses offered by Government recognised institutions.
No capitation fee will be paid for admission.
SILF will support up to 25 students this academic year
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- At least one parent must have had leprosy and must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony.
- Admissions to professional courses from Government recognized institutions are eligible for scholarships. Students admitted to non-professional courses are not eligible.
- Applications for professional courses will only be accepted on completion of Senior Secondary (10 + 2).
- Only first year applicants beginning their studies/courses in in the academic year 2019-20 are eligible.
- Only one individual from a family can avail of the scholarship in any one year.
- Applicants from Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi states will be given the benefits of the scholarship.
How to Apply?
Interested students are required to apply for the scholarship on the prescribed forms. These forms are available with State Leaders of Association of People affected with Leprosy (APAL) as well as the S-ILF website (www.silf.in). Forms can also be obtained by post from SILF office in New Delhi.
Application form should be completed and along with required attested documents should reach S-ILF office latest by 31st May 2019.
Expectations from Selected Candidates
- Regular attendance and dedication to learning
- High performance
- Regular performance reports will be submitted by the beneficiary every quarter or as decided at the time of award of scholarship. A draft Performa will be provided to the selected candidates
- The candidates should adhere to all the rules, regulations, and discipline of the respective institution/hostel where they are studying. Any report from the institute/hostel which amounts to the violation of the above would result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
- He/she is also expected to motivate and guide other youths in the colonies. A contract of commitment to free community service shall be worked out between the students and S-ILF.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd