Applications Invited for Hans Foundation Fellowship Program
Organization: The Hans Foundation
Apply By: 15 Jul 2019
Location: All over India
Last Date of application: 15th July, 2019
The Hans Foundation (THF) is a registered Indian Public Charitable trust established in 2009. It is one of the largest grant making foundations supporting organizations for development programs in the areas of health, education, disability and livelihoods. With funding support to more than 300 organisations, it has footprints in 26 states across India and benefitted more than 7 million underprivileged in the country. The Hans Foundation has forged partnerships and presently working in collaboration with National Trust, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India and State Governments namely Kerala, Nagaland, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu to support various developmental programs. It has been working in collaboration with and providing funding to the organisations like CARE India, Save the Children, American India Foundation, Aga Khan Foundation, The Banyan, CBM, Room to Read, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Tata Trusts, Apollo Hospital, Max India Foundation, Wockhardt Foundation, National Foundation of India, Helpage India, National Heart Institute, N.M Sadguru Water and Development Foundation and many others. It also supports cancer hospitals, educational institutes, residential schools, corneal eye banks, cochlear implants and congenital heart surgeries for children. These programs are aimed at improving the quality of life of the underprivileged communities.
About the Fellowship Program:
From 2019, THF is introducing one year ‘The Hans Fellowship Program’ with the objective to create a cadre of visionary leaders. These leaders would be groomed to undertake catalytic and collaborative roles in facilitating social development processes for inclusive and equitable society. The Fellowship Program would:
- Provide young professionals with an opportunity to work with THF's NGO Partners, create positive change and give a potential start to a career in the development sector.
- Provide THF's NGO Partner organizations with young talents who can support the organizations with their skill sets.
The Fellowship will be a 12 months program which will provide opportunities to 15 qualified individuals each year. These Fellows would be nurtured through structured engagement with NGOs/ development organisations having defined deliverables and learning milestones under the guidance of a Mentor(s). The fellows would also undergo Fellowship Training Capsules spread up to two weeks, twice in the fellowship period. Towards the end of 12 months, the Fellows would require to submit a proposal and the best proposal stands a chance to be supported by The Hans Foundation for a period of three years.
An all-inclusive monthly honorarium of Rs. 35,000 (Rupees Thirty Five Thousand Only) would be paid to the candidates during the Fellowship period. Cost associated with centralised training and outstation travels will be borne separately by The Hans Foundation
Selection of the fellow
THF is now inviting applications for its cohort starting 1st September, 2019. Last date to apply is 15th July 2019. The following criteria has to be fulfilled to make a candidate eligible:
- Age between 21 and 28 years at the time of application.
- Post-graduate/Masters (in any discipline) -preference would be given to candidates with a qualification/ experience in social sciences, rural development, community health, education and other aligned thematic areas
- Indian citizen, and residing in India for the past one year.
- Prepared to be placed in any part of the country for fellowship
Please note the following:
- The Hans Foundation has the discretion to decline the application at any time.
- The Hans Foundation shall not entertain any inquiries regarding the status of application form and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This is a full time 12 months program and not a job offer. The acceptance to the program does not guarantee a job with either THF or the Partner organization.
- Only complete applications through this online platform will be considered.
- The candidates can go through the FAQs to know more about the program.
Timeline for Application: The application should not be submitted any later than 11:59 PM IST on 15th July, 2019.
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd