Applications Invited for International Fellowship for Urban Scholars from the Global South
Organization: Urban Studies Foundation
Apply By: 07 May 2019
Fellowship title: Applications Invited for International Fellowship for Urban Scholars from the Global South
Deadline: 7th May 2019
The Urban Studies Foundation (USF) was established in 2008The aim of the programme was to fund promising early career urban researchers, working in a global south university or research institute, giving them the opportunity to work with an established scholar most likely working from a global north institution these funding programmes have been pivotal to the Foundation’s global vision, underpinning a steady transfer of financial resources allocated to urban research in the University of Glasgow to financing research investment on a significantly wider international basis.
About The Fellowship:
Applications are invited for an International Fellowship for early to mid-career urban scholars from the Global South, on any theme pertinent to a better understanding of urban realities in the Global South. The Fellowship covers the costs of a sabbatical period at a university of the candidate’s choice in the Global North or South for the purpose of writing up the candidate’s existing research findings in the form of publishable articles or a book under the guidance of a chosen mentor in their field of study. Funding is available for a period ranging between 3-9 months
Applicants must be early to mid-career urban scholars with a PhD obtained within the preceding 10 years who currently work in a university or other research institution within the Global South. Candidates must also be nationals of a country in the Global South, defined here as countries on the OECD’s current ODA recipient list (2018-2020). Preference may be given to candidates from least or low-income countries but middle-income countries on the list are not excluded if the need for support is justified.
How to Apply:
The Programme can be attended by the natural person who jointly meets the following conditions: is a scientist with at least a doctoral degree awarded in a country other than Poland, does not hold Polish citizenship, employed (has a contract) at a foreign HEI or a foreign scientific/research centre did not live, study or work in Poland, has minimum 3 achievements received an invitation from the Host institution, signed by a Person authorised to represent the Host institution. The Applicant may submit only one application for financing in a given call under the Programme, covering a visit to one Host institution. The Programme is open to scientists representing all fields of science.
The candidate must make suitable arrangements to be mentored by a suitably experienced senior urban scholar at the candidate’s chosen research institution. Further particulars are available to download here. An application form can be downloaded here.
How to Apply:
Application forms are available here. Completed applications must be submitted electronically to USF Director of Operations, Joe Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 7th May 2019.
The application must include
- An outline of the planned research, demonstrating its originality, rigour and value to the field of urban studies [1200 words max.]
- A statement of the intended research outputs (e.g. articles [specify target journals], a monograph, etc.) [300 words max.]
- Designation of the northern or southern institution where the fellowship will be pursued and reasons for its selection [300 words max.]
- The name of the urban scholar at that institution willing to act as mentor to the fellow during the fellowship, and a statement of how their expertise will support and facilitate the proposed research draft budget listing main cost items
- A 3-page CV listing academic achievements and publications a letter from the prospective mentor stating their willingness to act as a mentor to the fellow and indicating the suitability of the host institution for the proposed sabbatical study
- A short CV from the mentor (3 pages maximum), preferably including any previous mentoring experience if applicable.
- The names and contact details of two academic referees.
Application Deadline: 7th May; 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd