Applications Invited for Journalism Now Scholar Programme
Organization: Thomson Foundation
Apply By: 13 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
Thomson Foundation have helped raise standards of journalism through training, consultancy and strategic advice. They deliver positive change in media and communications as a way of improving public engagement and governance. Their vision is to ensure all people have an honest, factual account of what is really happening in the world.
Journalism Now Scholar programme:
Journalism Now is a series of online interactive courses designed and led by industry experts providing the latest in digital and multimedia skills. The global learning environment gives exclusive access to live training and mentoring sessions, run by leading journalists, and a unique knowledge-sharing platform.
You will take seven of our CPD-accredited online courses including Mobile Journalism, Social Media Newsgathering, Journalism Across Multiple Platforms, and Data Journalism, and will work on one or more stories that you will publish.
The highest performer will be invited on an all-expenses-paid trip to London to attend the 2020 Thomson Foundation five-week summer course, which includes a mixture of masterclasses, workshops and practical training and a week's placement at a leading UK media organization. A small number of top performers will also be acknowledged on our website and social media.
Starting 1st November until 13th December, 2019, you will:
- Know what good journalism looks like and why.
- Improve your newsgathering skills, including social media verification and the use of data journalism techniques.
- Use smartphones to produce multimedia storytelling.
- Engage your audience by making your content engaging and relevant.
- Understand how to optimize your content for your chosen platforms.
Ewen MacAskill will guide you through the programme with interactive live sessions and ongoing feedback.
Next, start taking the courses listed below. You can follow the link to a course and enroll. They recommend taking the courses in the order listed as their topics will be covered in sequence during the Scholar programme.
You will then be invited to join the platform and Ewen's first webinar on Friday 8th November.
How to enter:
What you will need to do, in three steps:
1. Complete seven Thomson Foundation online courses (you don't need to re-take a course if you have previously completed it).
- Building Trust and Reputation OR Ethical Journalist's Toolkit
- Social Media Newsgathering
- Data Journalism: Getting Started
- Mobile Journalism: Getting Started
- Online Media Production
- Growing and Engaging Your Audience
- Journalism Across Multiple Platforms
2. Attend or watch the replay of up to four webinars with Ewen MacAskill.
3. Work on and publish a multimedia story.
Terms, help and questions:
For any queries relating to your application for the Journalism Now Scholar programme, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The small print:
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves the right to select another winner.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The prize is subject to a successful visa application, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Participants may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and shall participate in such activity on Thomson Foundation's reasonable request. The winner will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the participant’s images, names and voices for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.
- Entrants into the competitions shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Deadline to complete the Scholar programme: Friday 13th December, 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd