Applications Invited for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
Organization: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Apply By: 20 Nov 2019
About IIM Bangalore
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a leading graduate school of management in Asia. Under the IIM Act of 2017, IIMB is an Institute of National Importance.
About the Fellowship
The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) is an opportunity for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote rural employment in the country.
MGNF is an initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI) that is designed and implemented by IIM Bangalore, in collaboration with State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs).
MGNF will be rolled out on a pilot basis in the states of Gujarat, Karnataka, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
The two-year Fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions at IIM Bangalore with an intensive field immersion at the district level to create credible plans and identify barriers in raising employment, economic output, and promote livelihoods in rural areas. The classroom sessions in the Academic Module (AM) will focus on management principles, economic development, public policy, and skill development. Outside the classroom, the Fellow’s district experience will take the shape of a District Immersion (DI). The DI will support the fellows by linking the Fellow to a team of experts and support resources that will reflect a district connect through the District Skill Mission, a connect with the State through a State-level Policy Advisor (SPA), an IIMB Resource Associate who will be available in the state capital and a Faculty Panel based at IIM Bangalore. The focus of the DI will be to help the MGNF negotiate his or her district specific challenges in the context of documenting institutional weaknesses at the district level, identifying schemes that are working well, undertaking a detailed resource mapping and formulating a rigorously researched District Skill Development Plan (DSDP) that will chart out a strategy for skill development at the district that they are assigned to. Besides the experience in the district, the DI module will have a series of integrative workshops where the Fellows will discuss their roles and experiences in the district where they have been assigned.
The Academic Module, woven together, with the District Immersion module will not only encourage the Fellows to bring in fresh thinking and inputs at the ground level but also equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary for local planning, execution, community interaction and outcome management. Upon successful completion of the program requirements, the Fellowship will lead to the grant of a Certificate in Public Policy and Management.
The eligibility criteria for selection as a Fellow are as follows:
- Should be a citizen of India
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application
- At least a graduate from a recognized University in Engineering, Law, Medicine, Arts, etc. or a post-graduate from a recognized University
- Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
- Should be able to express proficiency in the local language of the state that they will work in.
- Any candidate, who has been provisionally selected in the past for the Fellowship and joined the program, but didn’t complete their full term, will not be eligible.
Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of the following evaluation components:
- A multiple choice-based aptitude exam to test the applicant’s Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC). This will be physically conducted in each of the state capitals.
- A personal interaction comprising of an interview and a case/caselet analysis to judge the candidate’s fit and motivation for the Fellowship. These interviews will be conducted in the state capitals.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd