Applications Invited for SI Leader Lab - Connecting advocates of gender equality
Organization: Swedish Institute
Apply By: 04 Dec 2019
Title: SI Leader Lab – Connecting advocates of gender equality
About the Organization:
Swedish Institute is a public agency that promotes interest and trust in Sweden around the world. They work in the fields of culture, education, science and business to strengthen international relations and development.
SI Leader Lab 2020 will bring together 50 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for gender equality.
The programme is an opportunity for you to develop your advocacy skills and work on strategic outreach within your focus area. It’s also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form new connections and to try out innovative tools and methods with peers working in a similar context.
SI Leader Lab is a blended learning programme that runs over five months, mixing online meetings with two separate assemblies in Sweden. Work in smaller learning groups will be combined with sessions that include all participants. The training is founded on experience-based and collaborative learning and will allow you to explore real challenges and areas of development for your own organization in an innovative and supportive environment.
The programme is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The particular expertise and experience of the participants will largely determine the topics that we work on. The following broader issues, however, will be central: value-based leadership and group development; effective advocacy methods; and, how to work efficiently with and within networks. The training will be conducted with a rights-based approach.
SI Leader Lab will give you:
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to explore effective advocacy methods that will help you shape and reach out with a message to intended audiences.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Insights on how to expand your networks – and how to use networks as support in your work.
You can apply to SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organization or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1987–1998).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme to your team, organization or other relevant actors.
Please note that they are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
Swedish citizens/residents working in relevant organizations will be able to apply to the programme as strategic partners.
Please note that SI Leader Lab is a demanding programme, as they use experienced based learning and reflection as a tool for personal growth. Therefore, they recommend that all participants are in psychological balance and willing to put in the efforts that the programme requires.
The programme, spread over five months, mix online meetings with three weeks of intense training divided into two separate assemblies in Sweden:
- Module 1: Online (approx. 10 hours, dates to be confirmed)
- Module 2: Two weeks onsite in Stockholm, Sweden. 27 May –7 June 2020
- Module 3: Online sessions and implementation (approx. 40 hours, dates to be confirmed)
- Module 4: One week in Sweden (location and dates to be confirmed). October 2020.
The programme in Sweden will be with full-day schedule and several evening activities. Selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 2 and 3 in Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa expenses exceeding 500 SEK (approx. 50 USD)
Costs covered and arranged by you:
- Domestic travel / airport transfers in your home country
- Visa expenses below 500 SEK (approx. 50 USD)
How to apply:
- Apply: 6 Nov 2019 - 4 Dec 2019
- Evaluation of Applications: 13 Jan 2020 - 25 Jan 2020
- Interviews: 27 Jan 2020 - 7 Feb 2020
- Admission: 15 Feb 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd