Applications Invited for The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program From PhD Candidates In Developing Countries
Organization: The World Bank
Apply By: 25 Apr 2019
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association. The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group
About the Scholarship:
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) provides support to developing country nationals who are PhD candidates in developing countries. RSMFP offers 6–10 months of funding up to $25,000 to conduct PhD research in a World Bank member country other than the Fellow's home country or country of residence. RSMFP was established in 1982 with $2.8 million in funding from the World Bank and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and former Yugoslavia.
Benefits: RSMFP provides up to $25,000 (U.S.) for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country. The Scholarship covers a 6 to 10 month period. Details on eligible expenditures are provided in the Application Guidelines.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date;
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application;
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development.
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group
- When the call for applications is open, the application guidelines, online application, and a final list of eligibility criteria will be available on this site.
- The RSMFP application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- The completed application form
- An agreement to the terms and conditions for an RSMFP fellowship listed on the Application Form’s Signature Page;
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the host university research advisor; and
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the PhD Thesis supervisor.
Application Deadline: 25th April 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd