Applications Invited for Yale Young Global Scholars Program
Organization: Yale University
Apply By: 12 Nov 2019
About the Organization:
Yale University is a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. Yale has been dedicated to expanding and sharing knowledge, inspiring innovation, and preserving cultural and scientific information for future generations.
Yale Young Global Scholars is an unparalleled academic and leadership program at Yale University founded on the tenets of liberal arts, renowned for its diverse and inclusive community, and committed to increasing education access. Yale Young Global Scholars empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
About the Program:
Yale Young Global Scholars emphasizes an open, exploratory, and collaborative approach to learning. Their program is designed to allow students to experience learning in a variety of different university contexts, from large lectures to small seminars, and even the spontaneous learning that happens in dining halls and around campus.
- With no grades or course credit, YYGS encourages students to approach all aspects of the program creatively with the understanding that they set their own limits. Students receive an electronic certificate of completion at the end of the session.
- The diverse and inclusive community at YYGS enhances learning by inviting students to analyze issues from multiple perspectives. Living and learning alongside peers from around the world allows students to broaden their own world views by learning about countries and cultures they have never encountered before.
- Living in Yale’s residential college gives students a taste of life at Yale University. Participants explore Yale’s campus and the surrounding area during their down time.
- Age-Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2020 (first day of Session III).*
- English Fluency-Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level-Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date-Be graduating in May/June 2021 or 2022 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov. /Dec. 2020 or 2021 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- YYGS Participation
- Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in any YYGS session during a previous summer (e.g., 2019, 2018), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2020.
Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2020.
Required Application Components:
YYGS reviews all applications holistically. Their staffs understand that students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and with different educational and extracurricular opportunities. As a result, the essays and letters of recommendation are the most important parts of the application.
All students must submit the following application components:
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (140 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee ($55 for Early Action, $70 for Regular Decision)
- You must click the Finalize & Pay button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
- OPTIONAL: English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo)*
- OPTIONAL: Need-based financial aid**
Students may submit English fluency test scores if available. You do not need to take an English fluency test to apply for YYGS, and you can instead waive this requirement.
Students who would like to be reviewed for financial aid must complete the financial aid section of the online application.
- Application Deadline - 11:59PM ET on November 12, 2019
- Application Fee - $55 USD
- Decision Release - Notified of Admission Status & Financial Aid by 11:59PM ET on December 24, 2019
- Deadline to Accept or Decline YYGS Offer/ Pay Tuition Deposit - 11:59pm ET on January 9, 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd