Applications Invited for the Local Pathways Fellowship Program
Organization: UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
Apply By: 15 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon launched the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) to mobilize global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical problem solving for sustainable development, including the design and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at local, national and global scales. SDSN launched its official youth initiative (SDSN Youth) to empower youth globally to create sustainable development solutions.
About the Fellowship:
The Local Pathways Fellowship is an initiative of SDSN Youth, the global youth initiative of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN). SDSN Youth’s mission is to empower young people globally to create sustainable solutions. Through the Local Pathways Fellowships and its many initiatives, SDSN Youth aims to amplify the tremendous energy and capabilities of youth in materializing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Fellowship Program:
The Local Pathways Fellowship seeks to provide young leaders with a platform, a guiding framework for action, and connect them with leading development experts and practitioners:
- Guide and inform their work around their existing and future projects, and help them develop insights about local sustainable development challenges;
- Provide them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitate mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions;
- Support them in becoming local advocates that promote and advocate for dialogue and problem solving for sustainable development.
The fellows will take on a 10-month journey throughout which they will explore pathways for "localizing" the globally adopted goals and targets, exchange knowledge and ideas, and work to engage local stakeholders in a dialogue around pathways towards a better future for their fellow citizens.
The Local Pathways Fellowship is unpaid. The fellows will benefit from global visibility and exposure as champions for sustainable urban development, numerous opportunities to develop their expertise, as well as access to a vast network of SDG professionals and advocates.
In order to be selected as a Local Pathways Fellow, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application (exceptions may apply);
- Candidates must be based in the same city throughout the entire duration of the Fellowship (January through November 2020);
- Candidates must be fluent in English and the local language of the cities they represent;
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to and a solid understanding of the concept of sustainable development;
- Candidates must be able to commit the minimum of 5-7 hours each week on average;
- Candidates must have a stable internet connection;
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement and advocacy, or similar;
- A demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy or similar fields would be considered a strong asset.
Candidates representing any city and country in the world are encouraged to apply, however SDSN Youth will make efforts to ensure diversity of regional representation among the fellows.
Applications for the 2020 cohort of the Local Pathways Fellowship will be open from November 1st to December 15th, 2019.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd