Applications Invited from Knight-Wallace Fellowships for Journalists and the Livingston Awards
Organization: Wallace House at the University of Michigan
Apply By: 01 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
Wallace House at the University of Michigan is committed to fostering excellence in journalism. They are home to programs that recognize, sustain and elevate the careers of journalists to address the challenges of journalism today, foster civic engagement and uphold the role of a free press in a democratic society. They believe in the fundamental mission of journalism to document, interpret, analyze and investigate the forces shaping society.
About the Fellowship:
A Knight-Wallace Fellowship recognizes accomplished journalists who are eager for growth and deeply committed to the future of journalism. We offer a unique opportunity: an academic year of study and collaborative learning at the University of Michigan to deepen knowledge, develop new ideas, learn new skills and address challenges facing the journalism industry.
Each year we select up to 20 Fellows from all facets of journalism who are ready to take the next career step and join us for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Eight-month program of immersive study away from daily deadlines
- Individual study plans designed to develop topical depth, practical skills and broader perspectives.
- Specialized resources and faculty at the University of Michigan to guide research
- Private seminars with newsroom innovators and world-renowned experts for candid, off-the-record conversations
- Workshops to sharpen your writing, technical skills and leadership ability
- International travel to bring context to the political, economic and social forces shaping news coverage.
- $75,000 stipend – distributed monthly from August through April for living expenses. All tuition and course fees are paid for by the fellowship. All fellowship trips – domestic and international – are covered. If the Fellow’s employer does not contribute to insurance coverage, health insurance is provided.
- Spouses and partners are invited to partake in fellowship activities and can audit university courses as well.
Qualified applicants must have a minimum of five years of experience and be currently working in some aspect of journalism for a news organization or as an independent journalist. We are looking for a diverse range of journalists including reporters, editors, data experts, visual journalists, audio producers, engagement specialists, designers, developers, entrepreneurs and organizational change agents.
If you are not a full-time journalist, the majority of your work should be in journalism. We do not consider full-time academics, public relations writers, internal trade writers, lobbyists, public advocates, or those seeking a degree.
- December 1, 2019 - International application deadline
- Mid-January, 2020 - International Phase Two invitations extended
- Late-January, 2020 - Interviews for international finalists
- February 1, 2020 - U.S. application deadline
- February 7, 2020 - U.S. reference letter deadline
- Mid-March, 2020 - U.S. applicant finalists notified
- April 3 & 4, 2020 - Interviews at Wallace House for U.S. finalists
- Late April/Early May - Fellowship offers extended
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd