Applications invited for Chevening Scholarships for Master's degree
Apply By: 05 Nov 2019
About the Organization
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards programme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
About the Scholarship
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with demonstrable leadership potential who also have strong academic backgrounds and a strong vision for the future. The scholarship offers full financial support to study for any eligible master’s degree at any UK university whilst also giving access to a wide range of exclusive academic, professional, and cultural experiences.
Because these scholarships are fully-funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included), one is free to focus on achieving his/her professional goals and maximising the experience of a lifetime. S/he will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time s/he will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. On completing your studies, s/he will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship one must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to one’s country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable one to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time one submits his/her application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16th July 2020.
Applicant is not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if the applicant:
- Holds British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Holds refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Is an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2017) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for International Development; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2017) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Has previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply
Applications for Chevening Scholarships to study in the UK are open until 5th November 2019, with applications to be submitted via www.chevening.org/apply .
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd