Organization: IIT Hyderabad
Apply By: 15 Apr 2019
Fellowship title: Applications invited for Fellowship in Healthcare Entrepreneurship 2019
Deadline: 15th April 2019
The Foundation for the Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship, is sponsored by two IIT Bombay alumni, and is focused on making universal healthcare a reality. The Center’s objective is to catalyze healthcare innovation to bring about affordable solutions to address healthcare needs of India. The Center hopes to foster entrepreneurs to deliver a pipeline of cost-efficient solutions, which are increasingly ‘commercialized’.
This program aims at bringing together engineers, clinicians, entrepreneurs and the business community on a single platform to design and innovate in the field of healthcare, biomedical devices, and services to create a social impact.
Entrepreneurs, products, companies in the field of Healthcare
The Curriculum Highlights
- The curriculum focuses on biodesign innovation through a structured plan of Product development containing
- Clinical immersion to identify the unmet needs
- Needs filtering and Needs Statement development
- Ideation and brainstorming to develop solutions to the problems
- Implementation: Product Prototyping, Design, Validation
- Regulatory aspects and Intellectual Property
- Business plan development and Strategies for marketing
- The fellows get exposure to experts from the clinic, medical device industry, entrepreneurs, IP/ legal and safety and regulatory experts.
- Hands-on training on 3-D rapid prototyping for quick designing of products, validation of ideas etc
- A basket of technology electives from IITH to bridge the gaps in expertise related to the project
- The fellows get training on how to form startup /new ventures and writing a business plan for their startup and proceed to incubate the companies
- The fellows would present a workable prototype of their idea and present the business plan at the end of the program leading to a startup and pitching to VCs
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd