Applications invited for Fellowships on Climate Action for Journalists
Organization: Climate Tracker
Apply By: 10 Aug 2019
About the Organization
Since 2015 they have delivered cutting edge training, innovative media campaigns, and brought incredibly talented teams of young reporters to the UN climate negotiations. They have delivered in-person trainings in more than 30 countries, hundreds of online webinars, and awarded travel scholarships to more than 350 young journalists. They have run participatory media research in over 20 different countries, and are developing a unique data-analytics tool to give journalists the best possible chance to “cut through” national debates.
About the Fellowship
Climate Tracker has 8 reporting fellowships available for journalists, photographers and video makers. They are looking for young journalists from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by publishing about a youth movement or young leader pushing for climate action in their country.
As of today, the plans presented by countries are not enough to keep global warming within the Paris Agreement’s 1.5C degree limit. That is why UN Secretary-General António Guterres is calling for a special summit in New York, the Climate Action Summit, which will convene and urge global leaders to set forth concrete plans that raise ambition on climate action. That is why we are asking you to publish a story about the young people who are making climate action a reality.
- The best eight writers will get a chance to attend and cover the Global Climate Strike, the UN Youth Climate Summit, the UN Climate Action Summit, and other events happening in New York City from the 19th – 26th September 2019.
- The eight fellows will also receive training on climate and journalism organized by Climate Tracker and the Stanley Foundation, participate in group interviews with high-level officials/experts, and network with amazing people from all over the world!
- All expenses (such as accommodations in close proximity to the UN headquarters and round-trip, economy-class airfare) will be organized and covered for the eight fellows as part of the fellowship.
- Topic: The applicant has to write and publish about a youth movement or young leader pushing for climate action in one’s country. Applicant could decide to profile one individual person that has inspired himself/herself or his/her country, or write about a local, national, or international movement that is pushing for change.
- Multimedia: If one is thinking of doing a photo essay, make sure one profiles great climate activists or marches and publish it in media. If one is thinking of video, it could as well profile some people or reflect on the movement one is profiling. Get it published into another story or in media in one’s country!
- Applicant’s article should be at least 500 words.
- They prefer it when writers have interviewed at least two people for the article — for example, experts, community members, young people, or policymakers.
- It is always best to include a picture that is original and related to the topic.
- It can be in any language!
Where to Publish
One has to find a news site, blog, newspaper, magazine, etc. that is willing to publish the article. It can be at a local, regional, national or international level. Aim for the one with the best reach across the region!
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd