Applications invited for Khorana Program for Scholars
Organization: Indo - U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
Apply By: 31 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments that promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. The Department of Science & Technology, Governments of India and the U.S. Department of States are respective nodal departments.
About the Fellowship:
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the UW faculty. The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2020 for a period of 10-12 weeks.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the United States
- Transform research into societal benefits build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
- Health Insurance
- Indian citizens currently enrolled in a recognized Institution of Higher Education in India.
- Pre-final year students enrolled in B.Tech., M. Tech., MSc., B.E., M.E., M.S., Integrated B.S-M.S., B.V.Sc., M.V.Sc., B. Pharm., M. Pharm., MBBS., and Master in Medical Science and Technology (MMST) at recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences) are eligible to apply.
- The applicant should have: Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher, OR, Percentage: 80% and higher.
- Only those candidates who have a minimum of one year remaining for the completion of them course in India are eligible to apply [for e.g. for the 2019 Call, only those candidates who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2020 are eligible to apply (preferably prefinal year students)]. Final Year students and Ph.D. students are NOT eligible to apply.
- While updating the name of your parent institution, please read through the entire dropdown list of institutions carefully. In case your institution is not listed you may choose the “Others” option and type the name of your institution in the space provided.
- Please ensure that the Statement of Purpose covers: Introduction, Aim, Methodology, Anticipated Outcomes, References
- Candidates are encouraged to fill out the online application and upload scanned copies of latest marksheet/transcript, No-Objection Certificate & 2 Letters of Recommendation. Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check-list mentioned in the application form. Please DO NOT attach Class X/Class XII marksheets.
- Recommendation letters can be sent along with the application form or if referees wish to provide a confidential recommendation, they may send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with Applicant’s full name in the subject line.
- Hard copies of the application form/supporting documents are not required.
- If you do not have a passport and have applied for it, choose “Applied for” in the passport details section of the Application form.
- Successful applicants have to identify their own U.S. host(s) based on matching research interests.
- Applications in subject-fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
Program Dates: May – July 2020
Submission Deadline: 31 October 2019
Applicants are advised to visit the Program website http://www.iusstf.org/program/khorana-programfor-scholars frequently for updates.
For more information please click the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd