Applications invited for UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme
Apply By: 29 Nov 2019
About the organization
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO's programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
UNESCO designed the project “UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme” (UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme) in the framework of the Japanese Funds-in-Trust for the Capacity-Building of Human Resources which was established in November 2000 by the Government of Japan to enable UNESCO to give impetus to research in four areas under UNESCO’s Priority Programme Areas.
The UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme (UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme) funded under the Japanese Funds-in-Trust for the capacity-building of Human Resources will aim, in particular, to impact on capacity-building and research activities in the following areas:
- Environment (with particular attention on disaster risk reduction (DRR);
- Intercultural Dialogue;
- Information and Communication Technologies; and
- Peaceful conflict resolution. No other research topics will be considered.
Applicants, a maximum of TWO from each applying National Commission, must meet the following general criteria:
- Candidates under this Programme must be post-graduate researchers, already holding either an M.A. or M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) and wishing to pursue research work abroad (preferably in their own region) with a view to enhancing knowledge in one of the four specific fields mentioned in paragraph D.1 below. Thus, those who are in the process of completing their Master’s degree must have completed it PRIOR to taking up their Fellowship.
- Candidates must be persons of high intellectual promise who may be expected to make significant contributions to their country on return.
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years of age. Thus, applicants born before 1 January 1978 will not be considered under the Programme.
- The selected Fellow must carry out the research under the auspices of an academic supervisor in a host institution. Confirmation of acceptance from the academic supervisor is imperative.
- Priority attention will be given to:
- Women candidatures
- Candidates from least developed countries (LDCs) and SIDS
- African researchers
- Those who may wish pursue their research studies in Japan
- Candidates must be proficient in reading and writing the language of instruction in the proposed country of study/research
Domains of research:
- Environment (with particular emphasis on disaster risk reduction (DRR);
- Intercultural Dialogue
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Peaceful Conflicts Resolution
Duration of proposed research:
- minimum: 3 months
- maximum: 9 months
Closing date for receipt of applications:
- Deadline: 29 November 2019 at the latest!
Possible date of commencing research:
- Any time from June 2020 onwards
Deadline for termination of research:
- end of February 2022
Place of study:
- In one or two countries
- It should be understood that at the end of the Fellowship, the beneficiary must agree to return to his/her home country so that knowledge acquired may be put to good use in local research and training programmes.
- Research must be carried out under the auspices of an academic supervisor in a host institution
All applications must be submitted with the required documentation on the UNESCO Fellowship Application Form. Each Member State may nominate a maximum of two (2) candidates. It is the National Commission’s responsibility to select the two candidates whose applications it wishes to submit to UNESCO. The application(s) should reach the Section of Participation Programme and Fellowships, UNESCO, 7, Place de Fontenoy 75352 Paris 07 SP before 29 November 2019 midnight and an advance copy may be sent by e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd