Applications invited for Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program
Organization: Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
Apply By: 30 Sep 2019
About the organization
The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments that promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry. The Department of Science & Technology, Governments of India and the U.S. Department of States are respective nodal departments.
About the Fellowship
Recognizing that Water is of fundamental importance for human development, the environment and the economy, and therefore needs to feature prominently in the development agenda of both India and the United States; the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska (DWFI) and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have partnered to nurture cooperation between students and scientists from both countries.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute, Purdue University, Texas Tech University and the University of Idaho ;
- Promote research and capacity building in the area of water;
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must be able of doing independent research work and have published in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open to applicants working in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering.
- Employment: The applicant should be holding a regular position at any public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution / recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2019
Duration: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
Number of Fellowships: 5
- Ecological and human health impacts of pollutants and emerging contaminants
- Groundwater quality assessment and management
- Health impacts of water quality (including health risk assessment)
- Laboratory methods to support water-related research
- Methodologies to help remediate current and future contamination threats
- Methods for measuring water quality
- Non-point source pollution and rural drinking water quality
- Remote sensing applications for monitoring water quantity and quality
- Social and behavioral aspects of understanding and protecting water quality
- Wastewater quality, management, and reuse
- Quality of water in pipe distribution systems
- Microbial source tracking
- Fate and transport of microbial pathogens in the environment
- Evaluation of low-cost technologies for water and soil pollution remediation
- Monthly Stipend
- Contigency Allowance
- Health Insurance
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd