Organization: The Royal Society
Apply By: 27 Mar 2019
Fellowship title: The Royal Society inviting application Newton International Fellowship
Deadline: 27th March 2019
About the Newton Fund
The Newton Fund is part of the UK’s official development assistance. Its aim is to develop science and innovation partnerships that promote the economic development and welfare of partner countries.
The scheme provides the opportunity for the best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years.
The scheme is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society. Currently there is one round per year which opens in January.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
What is the scheme’s value and tenure?
Newton Fellowships last for two years. Funding consists of £24,000 per annum for subsistence costs, and up to £8,000 per annum research expenses, as well as a one-off payment of up to £3,000 for relocation expenses (£2,000 for EEA nationals).
Awards include a contribution to the overheads incurred, at a rate of 50% of the total award to the visiting researcher.
What is the application process?
Applications for the natural and physical sciences should be submitted through the Royal Society’s grants management system (Flexi-Grant®). Applications are initially reviewed by two members of the Newton International Fellowships panel and then shortlisted. The applications are then reviewed again by the panel and the final decision is made.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd