Applications invited for Fellowships for Threatened Scholars
Apply By: 01 Apr 2019
Fellowship title: Applications invited for Fellowships for Threatened Scholars
Deadline: 1st April 2019
There are more threatened and displaced scholars today than ever before. The Institute of International Education's Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) can help.
IIE-SRF announces an April 1st deadline for its next round of applications from professors and researchers facing threats to their lives or careers. Fellowships support temporary academic positions at universities and other higher education institutions anywhere in the world where scholars can continue their academic work in safety.
IIE-SRF formalizes IIE's unwavering commitment to protect the lives, voices, and ideas of scholars around the globe. Since the program's founding in 2002, it has awarded fellowships to almost 800 scholars from 59 countries, arranging visiting academic positions at nearly 400 partner institutions in 44 countries.
Who can apply?
- Professors, researchers, and public intellectuals from any country, field, or discipline may apply. Please refer eligible candidates and forward this announcement to any academic colleagues who may be interested.
- Qualifying applicants are currently facing or have recently fled from direct and immediate threats.
- Preference is given to scholars with a Ph.D. or other terminal degree in their field, and who have extensive teaching or research experience at an institution of higher learning.
- Women and scholars from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Students or professionals seeking funding to pursue academic studies or training are not eligible.
Professors, senior researchers, and public intellectuals from any country, academic field, or discipline may qualify. Applications are reviewed for academic qualifications, the quality/potential of the applicant's work, and the severity of the threats that the applicant faces. Preference is given to scholars who:
- are facing or have recently fled from immediate, severe, and targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence;
- hold a Ph.D. or highest degree in their field and/or who have extensive teaching or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
- demonstrate superior academic accomplishment and promise;
- will benefit their home and/or host academic communities.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd