Applications Invited for ODI Fellowship Scheme
Organization: Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
Apply By: 11 Dec 2019
About the Organization:
Overseas Development Institute (ODI) is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. They harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change.
About the Fellowship:
ODI's prestigious Fellowship Scheme gives postgraduate economists and statisticians the chance to work in developing country public sectors as local civil servants on two-year contracts.
The Scheme has two objectives: to provide developing country governments with high-calibre junior economists and statisticians where there are gaps in local capacity; and to give postgraduate economists and statisticians practical work experience in a developing country.
The Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities provided they have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, statistics or a related discipline. Postings are determined primarily by the needs of partner governments rather than the preferences of candidates themselves.
ODI Fellowship Scheme candidates
The ODI Fellowship Scheme selects postgraduate economists and statisticians through an annual recruitment round designed to select those candidates with the right academic qualifications and personal characteristics to make a success of a Fellowship. Successful candidates must have an interest in development and be able to demonstrate they can work effectively in challenging environments with people from very different backgrounds. They are expected to serve for the full two-year contract and be ready to work in any of the Scheme’s partner countries. The ODI Fellowship Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities and generally recruits equal numbers of men and women
- The ODI Fellowship Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities who have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, statistics or a related field. Suitable specialized qualifications at postgraduate level include agricultural economics, environmental economics, international economics, health economics, development economics, and econometrics and statistics. For those studying for a postgraduate degree at the time of application, the award of a Fellowship is conditional upon the successful completion of the postgraduate degree. The ODI Fellowship Scheme Posts Fellows under two streams; economics and statistics, and candidates can apply under one or both of the Fellowship streams provided they have the right qualifications.
- Applicants must be willing to commit to a two-year posting in any of the countries that participate in the Scheme. Applications are strengthened by a demonstrable interest in development, relevant work or voluntary experience in a developing country, language competence in French, Portuguese or Swahili, and strong IT skills. The Scheme regularly attracts approximately equal numbers of male and female candidates.
- Fellowships vary from post to post and country to country, but all require a combination of the following personal qualities:
The salary is £21,000 for the first year, rising to £23,000 in the second. In addition, Fellows receive a rental allowance to cover the cost of their accommodation.
Application and Selection Process:
- They interview short-listed candidates in February at ODI in London, before making either firm or conditional offers to the successful candidates.
- Between March and June, we visit participating countries to discuss the candidates and placement details with host governments, before allocating candidates to posts in June. As far as possible, we aim to give governments their preferred candidates.
- Newly-recruited Fellows participate in a briefing session at the ODI offices in July, which includes the opportunity to hear from current and former Fellows. Fellows are then expected to take up their posts between August and October.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 11th December, 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd