Applications Invited For 2019 Her Abilities Award to Honour Women With Disabilities
Organization: Light for the World
Event Duration: 01 Jul. 2019 - 29 Feb. 2020
Apply By: 21 Jun 2019
About the Award:
The First Global Award Honouring the Achievements of Women with Disabilities .Light for the World is the founder of the award. Her Abilities was launched by Light for the World to honour women with disabilities who achieved greatness in their life or field of work. The organization is launching Her Abilities to give something back to a community who are so often sidelined or made invisible by society – women with disabilities. There are so many inspiring and strong women with disabilities out there who achieve greatness every day. Her Abilities will shine a spotlight on their extraordinary achievements and, in turn – I hope, inspire a brand new generation of women with disabilities.
Her Abilities will award the achievements of women with disabilities globally from the following three categories:
Health & Education: Women with disabilities from the health or education sector.
Rights: Women with disabilities from the advocacy and rights sector, who advocate for the rights of people with disabilities and their inclusion.
Arts, Culture & Sports : Women with disabilities from the arts, culture and sports sectors.
Nominations start on 8th March 2019, and anyone can nominate. The nominees have to be women with disabilities and can be nominated in three categories.
- Impact: To what extent this person has achieved excellence in their life and field of work
- Recognition: If this person has an untold or underreported story which particularly deserves to be told
- Relevance: If this person’s story has a relevance to current rights and social debates, which could inspire others into action
- In addition the jury may, as a secondary consideration, look at the balance between the three category winners in any given year (including e.g. geographical spread, diversity in personal profiles, and types of achievement).
The benefits for the winners are:
- They will join a celebrated network of other successful women who commit to finding opportunities to support each other in their further pursuit of justice, equality and excellence.
- Light for the World will open their networks and will try to ensure speaking opportunities for the winners.
- Light for the World’s communications team will promote the winners’ stories via media and online work, ensuring they and their projects get more of the public attention they deserve.
- They will receive a certificate and a physical award.
- Her Abilities is a purely honorary award.
Application Deadline: 21st June 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd