Applications Invited For 2019 The UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy
Event Duration: 01 Aug. 2019 - 08 Sep. 2019
Apply By: 23 Jun 2019
About the Organization:
Since 1967, UNESCO International Literacy Prizes have rewarded excellence and innovation in the field of literacy. Over 485 projects and programmes undertaken by governments, non-governmental organizations and individuals around the world have been recognized. Through these prestigious Prizes, UNESCO seeks to support effective literacy practices and encourages the promotion of dynamic literate societies.
About the Award:
The UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy (3 awards)
The purpose of the UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy is to reward the efforts of individuals, institutions, organizations or other entities engaged in activities on literacy serving rural adults and out-of-school youth, particularly women and girls. The Prize will contribute to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4: “Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all”. The Prize will reward in particular activities that are innovative and/or have far-reaching sustainable impact.
The Prize shall be funded by the Government of the People’s Republic of China, and shall consist of a recurrent payment of US $180,000 per year. The Prize shall consist of an amount of US $20,000 for each of the three prize winners, and a study visit to project sites in China, to be jointly decided upon by the Government of China and UNESCO, and organized by China’s National Commission for UNESCO, for the winners of the UNESCO Confucius Prize. The invitation to participate in the study visits will be extended to the prize winners of the King Sejong Literacy Prizes, after consultation and agreement with the donors.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Institutions, organizations and individuals promoting literacy through effective and innovative projects or programmes.
- Eligible programmes or projects who have a proven record of innovative work in the field of literacy for at least three years.
- Programmes/projects that have not been awarded the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes in the past five years.
- All the eligible nominated applications submitted to UNESCO will be examined by an International Jury, composed of distinguished experts appointed by UNESCO’s Director-General, which meets in Paris once a year.
- Based on its recommendations, the Director-General of UNESCO makes a final decision about the Prize winners of 2019.
- The Prizes are awarded every year at an official ceremony on the International Literacy Day (8 September).
- April: launch of the call for nominations
- June: last date to submit online nominations
- July: international Jury Meeting
- August: announcement of the prize winners
- September: award ceremony in Paris, France
How to submit the applications and nominations?
- The first stage is for an applicant to fill in and submit an application form through either a National Commission for UNESCO or an International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) maintaining official relations with UNESCO.
- The second stage is for the concerned National Commission or international NGO to review and nominate the successful candidatures to the Secretariat of the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes.
Deadline: 23rd June 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd