Applications Invited For 2019The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize
Event Duration: 01 Aug. 2019 - 08 Sep. 2019
Apply By: 23 Jun 2019
About the Organization:
Since 1967, UNESCO International Literacy Prizes have rewarded excellence and innovation in the field of literacy. Over 485 projects and programmes undertaken by governments, non-governmental organizations and individuals around the world have been recognized. Through these prestigious Prizes, UNESCO seeks to support effective literacy practices and encourages the promotion of dynamic literate societies.
About the Award:
The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize (2 awards)
The purpose of the UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize is to reward the efforts of institutions, organizations or individuals for their contribution to the fight against illiteracy in commemoration of King Sejong who invented the Korean alphabet. The objective of the Prize is in conformity with UNESCO’s policies and is related to the programme of the Organization in its pursuit of Education for All
The Prize shall be funded by the Donor, the Government of the Republic of Korea, and shall consist of a recurrent minimum payment of US $107,000 per year. As determined by the Director-General and in consultation with the Donor, the Prize shall consist of two awards of US $20,000 each, a silver medal and a certificate for the each of the two recipients.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Institutions, organizations and individuals promoting literacy through effective and innovative projects or programmes.
- Eligible programmes or projects who have a proven record of innovative work in the field of literacy for at least three years.
- Programmes/projects that have not been awarded the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes in the past five years.
- All the eligible nominated applications submitted to UNESCO will be examined by an International Jury, composed of distinguished experts appointed by UNESCO’s Director-General, which meets in Paris once a year.
- Based on its recommendations, the Director-General of UNESCO makes a final decision about the Prize winners of 2019.
- The Prizes are awarded every year at an official ceremony on the International Literacy Day (8 September).
- April: launch of the call for nominations
- June: last date to submit online nominations
- July: international Jury Meeting
- August: announcement of the prize winners
- September: award ceremony in Paris, France
How to submit the applications and nominations?
- The first stage is for an applicant to fill in and submit an application form through either a National Commission for UNESCO or an International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) maintaining official relations with UNESCO.
- The second stage is for the concerned National Commission or international NGO to review and nominate the successful candidatures to the Secretariat of the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes.
Deadline: 23rd June 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd