Applications Invited for Start Up Energy Transition Award 2020
Organization: Start Up Energy Transition (SET)
Event Duration: 07 Oct. 2019 - 15 Jan. 2020
Apply By: 15 Jan 2020
About the Organization:
Start Up Energy Transition (SET) is a global innovation platform supporting innovation in energy transition. Going into its fourth year, SET is implemented with the conviction that a sustainable future is directly linked to innovative business models and political will.
Start Up Energy Transition Award:
The Start Up Energy Transition Award is an international competition for start-ups and young companies worldwide who are working on ideas affecting global energy transition and climate change. In just two years, the award has received roughly 1000 applications from 88 countries.
- National and international companies that contribute to the success of the energy transition with their products can apply for the ‘Start Up Energy Transition Award’ (‘SET Award’).
- The company must have been founded no more than 10 years beforehand. The object of the application must be an already implemented project, manufactured product, or existing prototype. It is not possible to apply with just an idea for which no concrete steps have been taken. The founding of a company and the development of a business plan are not sufficient in and of themselves.
- Participation in other start-up initiatives or competitions is possible.
Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access &SDG-7.
- Category 1: Renewable Energies & Materials
- Category 2: Digital Energy Systems
- Category 3: Energy Efficiency Solutions
- Category 4: Smart Mobility
- Category 5: Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7
- The winner of each category will receive a maximum cash prize of 10,000 euros. If more than one applicant receives the highest number of points in a single category, the prize money will be divided evenly. The prize money for special prizes such as Quality Access & SDG7 may deviate from the aforementioned prize money.
- The winners will be announced and the prizes presented at a celebratory award ceremony.
- The decision regarding the awarding of the prizes will be the sole responsibility of the jury. There is no entitlement to publication, award ceremony, justification of the decision, or remuneration.
Selection procedure and jury:
- Applicants can only apply for one category.
- Following a criteria check, the submissions will be subject to a quantitative assessment process. During this, they will be submitted to Early Metrics, a SME rating agency, who will evaluate the applicant using a standardized modelling system designed around the questions found in the application. Early Metrics will produce a ranking of all the applicants. The top 120 applications will be passed onto the jury.
- The jury, which is made up of internationally recognized experts from politics, the energy sector, business, as well as start-ups, will conduct a largely qualitative review using an online tool to assign points. This review will determine the top 100 (SET 100) list, in addition to the 15 finalists. No information on the Early Metrics ranking will be communicated to the final jury.
- The three best-placed applicants for each category are the finalists in the final round of the competition and will be invited to the Tech Festival by dena. This will take place presumably in the 3rd week of March, 2020. dena will assume responsibility for planning the arrivals, departures and accommodation. However, dena is not a tour operator. Should individual participants make special requests that incur additional costs (open-jaw flights, transfer to a location that is not the airport of departure or residence, flight or hotel upgrades to a higher class, extension of the stay, etc.), these additional costs must be borne by those participants.
- The finalists are invited to once again present their applications with a live pitch on the Tech Festival stage. The winners will be announced at the end of the Tech Festival at a celebratory evening event.
- The final jury also reserves the right to award special prizes to extraordinary achievements or not to award prizes in the aforementioned categories if the quality criteria are not satisfactorily met by any applicant. In addition, projects may be grouped between the various categories in each evaluation phase if deemed appropriate. The affected applicants will be informed accordingly.
Applications for the Start Up Energy Transition Award 2020 must be submitted by 15th of January 2020 at 23:59:59 GMT-10. All applications submitted before this deadline will be included in the selection process.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd