Organization: Skål International
Event Duration: 14 Sep. 2019 - 21 Sep. 2019
Apply By: 31 May 2019
Skål International is an Affiliate Member of the UNWTO whose mission is to promote the development of responsible, sustainable and universally, accessible tourism. The organization has adopted the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics in Tourism, and also supports the ST-EP initiative (Sustainable Tourism-Eliminating Poverty). Skål is affiliated to other important, international organisations including PATA, IIPT, The Code, ECPAT, ICTP, STI.As a leading, international organisation in the tourism industry, Skål International has proven to be a strong force in the travel and tourism industry for the initiation of change and the encouragement of environmental conservation for both travel and tourism progress.
About the Event:
Based on the declaration of the United Nations in 2002 as the “Year of Ecotourism and the Mountains”, Skål International launched its own “Sustainable Tourism Awards” the same year, to spotlight best practices globally. These awards are geared towards enhancing the visibility and credibility of tourist destinations, companies and organisations.
The 2019 Sustainable Tourism Awards are open to all public and private sector companies, educational institutions, NGOs, and government agencies as an accolade for their outstanding outputs in tourism. Entry submission can be made in any of the following categories:
- Community and Government Projects
- Countryside and Biodiversity
- Educational programmes and Media
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Marine and Coastal
- Rural Accommodation
- Tour Operators-Travel Agents
- Tourist Transport
- Urban Accommodation
Special Award 2019:
This year Skål International has partnership with Biosphere Tourism and the Responsible Tourism Institute, to give the "Special Skål Biosphere Award" that will be presented to one of the submissions received. The winner will be selected based on the pillars of sustainability of the Responsible Tourism Institute. Biosphere Tourism will present the winner with a one-year free Biosphere Certification in one of their available categories (except Tourism Destinations and special cases).Biosphere Tourism develops certifications that guarantee an adequate long-term balance between the economic, socio-cultural and environmental dimensions of a Destination, reporting significant benefits for a tourism entity, society and the environment.
Ensuring compliance with a series of requirements based on the principles of sustainability and continuous improvement, Biosphere Tourism offers the opportunity to companies in the sector to design products and services with a new model of non-aggressive tourism, satisfying the current needs of customers and users, without compromising future generations. The Responsible Tourism Institute (RTI) is an international organization that promotes, for more than 20 years, responsible tourism at the international level.
Benefits of the Biosphere Certification:
- Increase efficiency
- Online certification
- Improve positioning
Advantages Of Participating In These Awards:
- To improve your visibility and get global recognition of your outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism.
- To network and market your products and services to tourism professionals worldwide.
- To gain worldwide media coverage among the entire Skål membership international press contacts.
- To collect in person the award you will be given during the Opening Ceremony of the 80th Skål World Congress.
- To personally experience the benefits that come with being a Member.
- The 18th Sustainable Tourism Awards ceremony will take place on 15 September during the Opening Ceremony of the 80th Skål World Congress, to be held onboard the Royal Caribbean “Symphony of the Seas” from 14 to 21 September 2019.
How To Enter:
- Simply click and complete the Application Form. During the process of filling out the form, you will be required to attach a letter of endorsement that can be issued by a Skål club or a local tourism authority, government tourism agency or tourism organisation.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd