Applications Invited for International Student Essay Contest 2019: Internet Responsibility
Organization: Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs
Event Duration: 18 Sep. 2019 - 16 Oct. 2019
Apply By: 16 Oct 2019
About the Organization:
Carnegie Council was founded in New York City. The mission of Carnegie Council is to inspire and guide debate, and to educate the public on ethical choices in matters related to global affairs.
About the Event:
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs announces their 11th annual International Student Essay Contest; open to students of all nationalities anywhere in the world.
Essay Topic: Is there an ethical responsibility to regulate the Internet? If so, why and to what extent? If not, why not?
Please include in your analysis and explanation (in your own words) of "responsibility" and what it means to "regulate" the Internet. The essay should consider at least one specific issue or area where "regulation" (as you define it) might be considered. For example, you may choose to address censorship, Internet accessibility, net neutrality, social media, cyber security, or other Internet-related issues. You are not limited to the aforementioned choices when discussing regulation.
Essays must identify the actor(s) that should or should not be responsible for Internet regulation. This can include international organizations, governments, corporations, online communities, and/or individuals. You are not limited to these examples when discussing actors and you may choose to specify an agency, organization, etc. related to the particular issue you are considering.
- Style: Persuasive, op-ed style (not academic, no footnotes)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Essays can be submitted in .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .txt format. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
- For sample essays, have a look at last year's winners here.
- All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible. Non-students are automatically disqualified.
- Previous winners and honourable mentions are not eligible.
How to Enter:
Please email your essay as an attachment to email@example.com.
On the first page of the essay and in the body of your email, please include:
- Your full name;
- The name of your school;
- What level of student you are (high school, undergraduate, graduate).
Categories: The essays are judged in three categories: high school students; undergraduate students; and graduate students.
- 1st place: $300 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 2nd place: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 3rd place: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
Competition Deadline: October 16, 2019
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd