Applications Invited for UNWTO Tourism Startup Competition
Event Duration: 02 Dec. 2019 - 21 Jan. 2020
Apply By: 15 Nov 2019
About the Organization:
Globalia is Iberoamerica’s largest group of tourism with a turnover in 2016 of 3.570 million euros. With presence in over 20 countries and 15.000 employees, the Globalia Holding provides services to all sectors of the tourism industry. They comprises a number of independent companies that are leaders in their markets, including Air Europa (airline), Halcon Viajes (travel agencies), Travelplan (tour operator), Be Live (Hotel chain) and Groundforce (airport handling).
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is The United Nations agency for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. As the leading international organization in the field of tourism, UNWTO promotes tourism as a driver of economic growth, inclusive development and environmental sustainability and offers leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policies worldwide.
About 2nd UNWTO Tourism Startup Competition:
The 2nd UNWTO Tourism Startup Competition is a global initiative which aims to find and foster the development of startups looking to lead the transformation of the tourism sector.
For the second straight year, the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is running the world’s largest startup competition in tourism boosted by wakalua, the global tourism innovation hub.
Together with our corporate partners they want you to tackle the core concepts of travel shaping the sectors future. Beat the competition with the most disruptive, innovative and sustainable solution and become the next game changer in tourism.
They are looking for the most disruptive startups that are transforming the way people travel and experience tourism in the following five categories:
- Deep Tech: Location & Geolocation Data
- Smart Mobility
- Rural Development
- Disruptive Hospitality
- Smart Destinations
They are targeting start-ups that:
- Are in the Early Stage or Series a Stage
- Are innovative in nature and provide value-added and sustainable solutions for the tourism sector
- Have potential for scalability and a vision to grow internationally
- Have a business plan
- Are in the both for-profit and non-profit projects
The projects will be evaluated according to five criteria:
- Value proposition of the solution: Is the proposed solution unique, effective, and feasible?
- Impact on business: Will the solution substantially impact the focus area of choice?
- Capacity for collaboration with the startup: Feasibility of collaboration / agile implementation in the short-medium term
- Resources and team: How good is the team, in relation to the plan ahead?
- Level of sustainability: How is the environmental, economic and social impact produced by the business activity?
Pitch & Connect
Be one of the top 3 challenge finalists to pitch in front of investors, mentors, leading corporates and international tourism stakeholders during the Grand Finals – one per corporate challenge – in Madrid, Spain, on 21 January 2020.
Gain a fully sponsored trip and free access to exclusive networking opportunities with tourism leaders and global tourism stakeholders during the Madrid International Tourism Trade Fair 22-26 January 2020 (FITUR).
Pilot & Mentorship
As a winner you will have the opportunity to design a pilot project with the corporate leading your challenge and receive world class mentorship.
Pilot & Scale-up
Win the special award on Sustainability and run a pilot with Globalia, leading tourism corporation in Spain and Latin America, including a 6-week scale-up programme at the wakalua hub in Madrid, Spain.
- 12 September 2019-Applications open
- 15 November 2019-Applications close
- 02 December 2019-Two-week round of online interviews with selected startups
- 16 December 2019-Announcement finalists
- 21 January 2020-5 Grand finals, one per challenge, in Madrid, Spain
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd