Applications invited for 2020 Diana Award
Organization: The Diana Award
Event Duration: 29 Jul. 2019 - 12 Mar. 2020
Apply By: 12 Mar 2020
About the organization
The Diana Award was established in 1999 by the British Government who wanted continue Princess Diana’s legacy by establishing a formal way to recognise young people who were going above and beyond the expected in their local communities.
About the award
Established in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, The Diana Award is the most prestigious accolade a young person aged 9-25 years can receive for their social action or humanitarian work. This is the longest running award for young people that is given to individuals and groups through a retrospective nomination process only. They believe this is special. Young people do not work towards the award, rather they demonstrate their suitability through their actions, without any expectation of reward.
- In order to be eligible for The Diana Award, nominees must be aged between 9 and 25 and have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months.
- Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity, i.e. teacher, youth worker. Nominations made by family members will not be accepted.
- Demonstrates commitment and passion to the cause, evidenced through their service to that cause and through social action.
- Creates positive social change that is of benefit to the wider community.
- Demonstrates how the young person(s) has led, owned and shaped the activities they are nominating them for.
- Evidence of transformation throughout the nominee’s service journey, including attitude, skills gained and challenges overcome.
- Demonstrates that, through the nominee’s positive attitude and passionate approach to life, they are a role model to others.
- Successful international nominees will be celebrated virtually on our International Ceremony Day. The Ceremony Day for 2019 will be announced early next year.
- All Award Holders will also be given access to our Development Programme which aims to support Award Holders to further their social impact, alongside personal and professional development.
- If your nomination is successful for the Legacy Award your young person will be invited to the Bi-annual Legacy Awards Ceremony in London. They will also be invited to join our unique Legacy Award Development Programme.
Deadline: The deadline to nominate someone for a 2020 Diana Award is 23:59 on 12th March 2020
How to Apply
For more information please check the Link.
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd